How to "Arrange Items" in Files 3.10.1?

2 replies [Last post]
boaz

Hello.

I used to use Trisquel 6.0.1, which had Nautilus 3.4.2.

In that version of Nautilus, I could right click in a directory, and select "Arrange Items", and then any of "Manually", "By Name", "By Size", "By Type", or "By Modification Date". This was great.

Now I use Trisquel 7, which has "Files" 3.10.1. I like a lot of things about Trisquel 7, but I'm having a problem with Files 3.10.1.

Namely, the whole "Arrange Items" choice is missing. I can still go to preferences and change "Arrange items" to "By Name", "By Size", "By Type", or "By Modification Date", "By Access Date", or "By Trashed Date". This is not what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for a way to change the sorting scheme globally across all my files. I want to be able to make persistent choices which are different for different directories.

I like to have some directories sorted by one parameter, and others sorted by a different parameter. Since I have no way to do this now, I have no choice but to resort to constantly going back to the preferences to change back and forth.

All this changing back and forth is cutting down on my productivity. I'm really wishing I could have that right click, Arrange Items option back.

Does anyone know a way to find what I seek?

Thanks!

Boaz

onpon4

Click the downward-pointing arrow in the top-right. Sorting options are there.

boaz

Thank you, onpon4, that's exactly what I was looking for.