Logitech Trackball M570 not working; cursor flickers often?

7 replies [Last post]
JadedCtrl

Hi, all~

I'm new to the world of Trisquel, and have just recieved a Think Penguin laptop that comes with it. However, I have encountered these two problems:
-The Logitech M570 Trackball does not seem to work...
-The cursor flickers whenever I click.
This is rather odd.
(Oh, and if anyone knows how to install GNOME 3 (Not classic/fallback) in Trisquel 6, could you point it out?)

Thank you very much for taking the time to even glance at this topic!

JadedCtrl

Might I add that the trackball works with Blag, and Blag does not have the flickering. I think that perhaps my current install of Trisquel has an older version of the Linux Libre kernel and I need to install a more recent one.

lembas
JadedCtrl

Now the Logitech works and the cursor no longer flickers! Thank you very, very much!

lembas

Glad to hear that, enjoy freedom!

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

For a full GNOME 3 experience, install the "gnome-shell" and the "gnome-session" packages (e.g., from the Synaptic package manager), log out and change the session for "GNOME" on the graphical login screen.

JadedCtrl

Thank you very much! That didn't work on my previous install of Trisquel, of which ThinkPenguin had pre-installed. I just did a fresh install, and this works.

onpon4

It can't be that it needs a recent version of the kernel if it works with BLAG; BLAG's kernel would be 2.6.35. (Might be an incompatibility, though.)