GNOME Control Center - Accessibility: settings are not saved
* Install Trisquel 5.5 Brigantia i18n release (system locale: ja)
* Reboot - Orca automatically starts up and works (but does not read Japanese properly)
* Navigate to System Settings (GNOME Control Center)
* Click on "Accessibility"
* Switch the slider next to "Screen Reader" to "OFF"
* Orca quits as expected
* Orca starts back up -- "Screen Reader" has reverted to "ON" in the Acceesibility control panel.
I'm not sure what diagnostics you would need for this particular issue? I'm happy to attach whatever descriptions are needed.