I am a member!

A rejoint: 04/23/2011

First picture from Libre Planet 2014...

Pièce jointeTaille
libreplanet2014-1.jpg311.72 Ko
levlaz

I am a member!

A rejoint: 01/29/2013

I am sad! I bought my ticket, T shirt, and was all set to go - but then I got pulled into doing upgrades this weekend for work.

Have a great time and please share more pictures!

Best,

Lev

Chris

I am a member!

I realize I mucked up the first post. Unfortunately I can't edit it.

Here are some more pictures. There is one of the main area, one of the exibit hall area (you can't see it all from the picture, but you can see the ThinkPenguin booth), there is one of Eben Moglen's keynote, RMS, and and the awards ceremony. Unfortunately I do not have one of Rubén's Trisquel 7 speech. I was sadly left "holding down the fort" at the ThinkPenguin booth during his speech but, ThinkPenguin's CTO was much appreciative (he was there helping out too). The video camera didn't work at this time and so unfortunately none of us will be able to watch it (unless somebody else recorded it, please speak up if so, I'd really like to see it still). There were also camera problems at Eblen's keynote so you may not be able to see it all either.

Also note that these pictures were generally taken during the early morning hours before the event started or in-between. The event itself was packed with more people than ever before (from what I understand).

Enjoy!

libre-planet-2014-main.jpg libre-planet-2014-exibit-hall.jpg libre-planet-2014-eben-moglen.jpg libre-planet-2014-rms.jpg libre-planet-2014-awards.jpg
lembas
A rejoint: 05/13/2010

Thank you!

The one with Moglen is pretty nice, I'd like to push it to Wikimedia Commons. Do I get a license to do so?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing

Chris

I am a member!

I own the copyright on the images posted in this thread and hereby release them to the public domain.

lembas
A rejoint: 05/13/2010
a_slacker_here
A rejoint: 06/29/2013

Damm it. So we will not be able to listen to Ruben's conference? Seriosly?
I wanted to hear to what he had to say so badly.

Could someone make a little summary for the rest? Please?

NOTE: I know the fact that I was a little childish while I was writing this comment but I is hard for me to hide my feelings about this situation.

Thank you.

mYself
A rejoint: 01/18/2012

Yeah, unfortunately you're right. Unless someone who was present at the event would be able to summarize his talk (or Rubén does publish an article himself), we will never be able to find out what he had to say.

jxself
A rejoint: 09/13/2010

I saw no other cameras in the room, so it seems unlikely that there will be full recording of the event.

He went over the history of Trisquel, which you can see in his slides. Then he went on to the future. Some of the things that I recall are him saying that he's now able to work on Trisquel full time and that historically work on the next version typically did not start until the corresponding Ubuntu version was released but, with 7, work is starting early.

ahj
ahj

I am a member!

A rejoint: 06/03/2012

>Some of the things that I recall are him saying that he's now able to work on Trisquel full time and that historically work on the next version typically did not start until the corresponding Ubuntu version was released but, with 7, work is starting early.

This is terrific news!

t3g
t3g
A rejoint: 05/15/2011

That's good that work has started. Btw, since there is now going to be an "Ubuntu Gnome" release with 14.04, is he going to be using this as a base instead of the standard Ubuntu one? Of course Ruben may or may not use Gnome Shell, but the stuff he likes (fallback mode) is there:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/releases/14.04/beta-1/

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

Trisquel does not use a specific edition of Ubuntu as a base. Only its collection of free packages (or free after correction by the project).

Chris

I am a member!

I think he clarified at some point not to expect 7 any time soon despite it is being worked on earlier than ever before. 6.01 is what he is planning to release soon. Keep your expectations low and be happy when it finally is released.

Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/15/2009

Good call ;)