Gnome 3.10 on Trisquel?

5 respostas [Última entrada]
a_slacker_here

Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I want to say that I've been following the progress of Gnome 3 and I'm really impress, They are doing a really good job. They even have build an application for virtual machines so the free software users do not need to be near the controversial Virtualbox.

Why I'm pointing this up?

Answer:

I think Gnome 3.10 is very impressive, technologically speaking, and I've read that Ubuntu 14.04 will have this version of the DE after all. Does this mean that Trisquel 7 will also have Gnome 3.10?

What do you think?

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

If Ubuntu 14.04 has the packages for GNOME 3.10 in its repository, then Trisquel 7 will have them as well.

a_slacker_here

Good!

onpon4

If that's true, awesome! I was a bit bummed out to hear that Ubuntu 14.04 might be sticking with GNOME 3.8; it's a good DE (I used it in Fedora when it was new), but 3.10 has some really nice improvements I didn't want to have to wait for.

Aprendiz_de_linux

What i really like about Gnome 3 is when i see on desktop screen the clock on center and clicking it with the mouse , displays calendar, i mean, if i put the list "to do things" on Evolution it appears centralized, directly and very clear my list of "to do". On Trisquel in this currently pc i have not tried yet because i am still deciding what service mail i will choose to replace proprietary emails but i remember before i sign up to put questions here i tried and it was not the same as the desktop things on fedora, even the "fonts renderizations ?" of fedora. But on the other hand i dont liked Gnome 3, when i press button "Super" it seems like a bit of dash of Ubuntu... disorganized, full of "emoticons icons". Instead i like much more the practical way of Trisquel and all subdivided menus. Much more easy to understand than Gnome 3...
So in the future versions can i replace in the place "online account google" like in the picture to another free version account? I mean, it will work?

Aprendiz_de_linux

I'm sorry i forgot to put the picture...and i saw that image in png was 2,4Mb... now it is in jpeg

online333.jpeg