Silent Auction @ Libre Planet 2014 (for Trisquel)

6 respostas [Última entrada]
Chris

I am a member!

I won the silent auction @ just $225 USD (paid in bitcoins of course!) and now this beautiful piece of work hangs above my desk! Jason won the very cool mask (a ceramic replica of the plastic masks which have been frequently worn by occupy protesters around the world). Maybe he'll post a picture at some point.

In any event here is the shield Rubén made for the 10th anniversary of the project (it reads Trisquel 10 Years 2004 - 2014):

jxself

I placed the winning bid for the mask. The incense holder was a gift. I had given serious thought of outbidding Chris for the shield too. ;)

photo.jpg
Chris

I am a member!

That just wasn't going to happen! Did you see the video of the bidding war I was in with myself @ GNU 30th? I forget what the final number was now... but I'm pretty sure it ended up at least 10 times higher than anybody else was prepared to shell out. It's hard to fault me when the money's going toward a good cause. My only regret is they may have gotten more had I just stayed out and let someone else win (and then donated something later). But the actual items up for bid were items under $25 available from the FSF shop anyway. Bob actually bought the same mug after I won the auction. It was sort of funny. The only difference between his mug and mine is I can't use mine (after all, I had to get it signed by RMS after that). I believe it was the last mug, but then they found some more (or something like that). Or maybe I'm thinking of the GNU stuffed animal because I think they over-purchased on the mugs.

jxself

Even if I didn't win, it would have helped to drive the price up and helped Rubén.

jxself

And a bidding war with you could have been fun. ;)

Chris

I am a member!

:) I concur. You actually did raise the price on me I think. No? I was actually going to stop at $150 USD and unless my memory is in error I think you bid $200 USD which forced me up to $225 USD. A bit far from a bidding war... but none-the-less.

lembas

Hehe, good libre swag for the mantelpiece! :)