Frog, pigeons, table tennis and 2023

18 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
prospero
Beigetreten: 05/20/2022

While looking for a live rendition of Peace Frog, I found this:
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong Live at Club Dada on 2017-10-26. Did you know them pigeons?

But first, to the mandatory singasong's greetings: Auld Lang Syne. Alternatively, here is the boss level version.

May 2023 be at least as long as 2022.

prospero

> May 2023 be at least as long as 2022.

This sentence sounds like it is putting far too much emphasis on one specific month out of twelve, I shall rephrase at some point next year.

andyprough
Beigetreten: 02/12/2015

They sound like the Grateful Dead never died.

andyprough

As a Biblical scholar myself, I have to appreciate any band that plays a song called "Funk E Zekiel".

I also have to wonder if anyone has ever seen a pigeon playing ping pong.

Also, the guitarist sounds pretty talented. Some of this music is pretty good.

prospero

Clearly, Ezekiel must have been a funky psychedelic bloke. Have you ever tried eating a book, then go around pretending you remember everything that was written in it? I believe holy psilocybin has been widely consumed much earlier than evil alcohol.

Here is another EZ3kiel for your exegesis: https://tube.cadence.moe/watch?v=LZTgyIHDdUE

andyprough

Also a nice tune, I like their version of electronica. Seemingly you can name any song Ezekiel and it miraculously becomes good, like turning water into wine.

prospero

From exploratory scuba diving trips into the electronica/dub/ambient world in a previous life: EZ3kiel - Versus Tour Live 2004. This is the full live video album instantly brought forward to you from 19 years ago. Take a nibble at your favorite mushroom, open Ezekiel and enjoy.

In yet another parallel universe, we finally managed to locate the Holy Grail of Symphonic Viking Metal. What an epic track. They have probably changed their name to Ezekielrider by now.

andyprough

>"In yet another parallel universe, we finally managed to locate the Holy Grail of Symphonic Viking Metal. What an epic track. They have probably changed their name to Ezekielrider by now."

Who among us can listen to that and NOT sharpen their axe and prepare for battle???

prospero

"No longer would I be entwined, with that which makes me of mankind".

Anything less than this is no freedom, is my new motto.

That said, I have noticed that he is singing roaring about the "golden moon" (or at least that is what my ears are getting), while the written lyrics say "guardian moon". I believe the sung version is the better one, for poetical, narrative and philosophical reasons alike. Such a breakthrough into unrelenting freedom cannot do with a guardian, moon or else. The moon is just standing there, golden, to be picked by whoever is riding the high seas in the pursuit of the endless waves.

EDIT: in fact, it may just be a mistake, since the previous line already refers to the "golden" sun. How about this:

"The fire fox before me burned the skin upon my chest
But the pallid moon behind me urged me onwards in my quest"

andyprough

Oh, to have been in this mosh pit in 2008 wearing a viking skirt and no shirt: https://tube.cadence.moe/watch?v=Ft_YE28PPuo

prospero

Fine Finns, Finnish finesse, good finish.

prospero

> if anyone has ever seen a pigeon playing ping pong.

We have collected unequivocal evidence about cats playing ping pong. Note that the other player in that cctv clip may have been a pigeon who chose to remain anonymous out of privacy concerns. We could ask the cat. There have been complaints about cctv from concerned pigeons who said it was clearly invading their privacy, and hindering their right to be forgotten in their own neighborhood. They are now wearing penguin masks to go incognito. So if you see a flying penguin, what you are actually seeing is just a privacy conscious pigeon.

catpong.gif
andyprough

That cat is teaching me a new winning ping-pong strategy. Lie down next to the net and pull the net down and swat the ball. It's brilliant.

prospero

Clearly, we still have much to learn from cats:

"What are the steps to check if mobile network functions correctly?

Lick the status area in the lower-right corner of your screen and select the network listed in the menu. If you then see at the top of the menu, that means your Chromebook is capable of using mobile networks for Internet access."

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1007090

prospero
andyprough

Well, that was certainly educational. The guy urinating about halfway through was something you don't always see in such music videos.

prospero

They had to reference soda rivers without the money for such amount of soda.

Released on: 1994-05-10. Almost 30 years of hamburger fields.

andyprough

I'm sorry that I missed the last 29 years and 364 days of continuous viewing. I would probably have achieved Tibetan Buddhist's version of full enlightenment by now, and nirvana.

prospero

> Tibetan Buddhist's version of full enlightenment

That's an obsolete version. We have now discovered that no light at all and full enlightenment are one and the same thing. Only, full darkness is way easier to reach. A bit like taking a step in one direction, instead of traveling round the earth minus one step in the opposite direction. Much less fun, though.