Trisquel Name (Terminology )

27 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
SabirSaleem90
Beigetreten: 10/03/2021

Here is my some suggestions and advice would be appreciate.

as I observed and my some friends suggested me...:)

I see Trisquel Name is based on their beleive and their Celtic gods which is their Faith and believe but as Muslims in Islam it's forbidden to use any product which comes with other Religions God Name it's just for knowledge base.

My Friend is very keen of open source distro and like Free Software Movement (FSF) and using from Years Trisquel now understanding their name terminolgy he moved to using Ubuntu just because of Trisquel Name.

Well I am using this because of Open Source Free in Speech and like their contributions and work...

What I will suggest & advice here as a Muslim that use name which is outside the name of our Faith so all Religion of People can use that Product without concerned and worrying .....

Because first Priority is what our Religion teaches use afterwards our Privacy....:D

Hope Someone here will guide me if I am wrong or misunderstood.

Your Sincerely....

SabirSaleem90

Because as I see all other distro's are not based upon Religions names like Ubuntu, Debian and so on but they are unfortunately non free we are not preventing anyone from their Religion but this is something Forbidden for Muslims so I taught to share with you peoples....

But right now I am using this distro and looking for future maybe they can fix these things but this is my opinion in respect all Religions :)

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/24/2010

Trisquel Name is based on their beleive and their Celtic gods which is their Faith

I very much doubt Trisquel developers (or anybody actually) believe in Celtic gods. It is just a distinctive naming schema. Do you refuse to wear Nike shoes because they are named after the Greek goddess who personifies victory? The brand was not chosen based on its funders beliefs in antic gods either: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-nike-got-its-name-2016-1

SabirSaleem90

I have my understanding and know what is right...

But the thing was that using name of Religious Personalities in any product whatever Nike or whatever but some people avoid to use really if you research on internet and see the taught of Muslims for Nike also...

it was just suggestion that belief is our other side and product should be excluded from that names so all types of people use that product without concerning with peacefully....

Hope my words are now understandable more :)

andyprough
Beigetreten: 02/12/2015

>"I very much doubt Trisquel developers (or anybody actually) believe in Celtic gods."

Other than some later Greek and Roman reports on some of the names of Celtic gods, it appears we know almost nothing about actual ancient Celtic religious practices. A lot of what has been written about druids and so forth in modern times has probably been anthropological guess-work, or simply works of historical fiction passed off as fact. We have just a few passing references to them from observers such as Julius Caesar.

andyprough

I don't think you could properly call ancient Celtic mythic god names "religious", as probably no one has followed that system religiously for well over a thousand years. As a Christian and a student of Christian history it's not an issue to me - they are just words. Unless I was to add some unholy significance to it, the words have no power. They are simply historical. We live in a post-Roman world where our months and days of the week are named after ancient gods - no need to be squeamish about using other historical terms.

lanun
Beigetreten: 04/01/2021

As an accepted Cthulhu cultist myself, I also find these so-called Celtic deities not to be worth half a one-bit post. So weak. We Satanists pursue fully coherent ethics: if it is weak or gitignore, ignore or eat, if it is powerful or a dangling pointer, destroy and eat.

That's dialectics.

"You've murdered my cat. I'll kill you!"

That's causality.

andyprough

"I murdered your cat because you injected it with meth-amphetamine and stuffed it down my trousers"

That's self defense.

lanun

I couldn't agree more. It should have been : "You've murdered my cat, let's eat it!"

That's dialectics, again, not dumb causality.

andyprough

I got Hepatitis from eating the raw, meth-injected cat that you fed to me.

That's personal injury law.

lanun

"My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment!"

That's unfortunate. Poor cat.

I suspect you are in fact a basilisk.

SabirSaleem90

I have my understanding and know what is right...

But the thing was that using name of Religious Personalities in any product whatever Nike or whatever but some people avoid to use due to Religious names on it but really if you research on internet and see the taught of Muslims for Nike also they avoid because the Holy Names on their shoes etc...

here the scenario is different but Muslims are concerned and Believe in One God and Trisquel represents Trinity and their distro names are based on Celtic gods anyways this is the opinion of Trisquel Dev Team...

I myself right now using Trisquel as the Best Open Source just because of stripped out non free blobs and I understand that already that name doesn't made the product useless the main thing product should be good & ethical and legal...

it was just suggestion that belief is our other side and product should be excluded from that names so all types of people use that product without concerning with peacefully....

Hope my words are now understandable more :)

lanun

I couldn't agree more. It should have been : "You've murdered my cat, let's eat it!"

That's dialectics, again, not dumb causality.

SabirSaleem90

Very Funny these are just words and there is no value of these words...

Well if we are using something like if Hindus use to Worship Cow and in India Muslim eat them they kill them...

Just write
"Is cow sacrifice banned in India?"

this is another story so peoples are very concern about these things and make their opinions.

Anyways what can be done.

just not use any God name in Distribution so all type of audience can take advantage of good distro without disturbing their Faith or anything because in Islam some people think that using Product which represent other God is impermissible and interpretate their logic.

so please understand what I mean to say not make the game of words :D

Anyways I welcome anyone suggestions because I am studying myself also....

SabirSaleem90

Yes I see I was wrong in Trinity due to Trisquel Logo and their name resembles.

Anyway I see it is based on polytheism and celtic gods anyways the name of Trisquel versions are based on celtic gods which appears still issue obviously because name has its origins and meaning to use.

as far as security and freedom is concerned I am still using Trisquel and avoiding their these naming schema but for future they may do avoid this in version naming schema so would be very appreciated...

Thanks everyone to listen this :)

libredrs

I am a member!

Beigetreten: 01/29/2012

I hereby request that Trisquel 11 be named for Saint Hubbins, the Patron Saint of Quality Footwear.

Brian59

I am a member!

Beigetreten: 02/14/2022

People need to get over their religious bias against names. Trisquel is just a name and not ment to promote a religion. Example: My family is Buddhist but we celebrate Christmas. To us, Christmas represents a time of family togetherness and not some Christian Holiday. A name means what you want it to mean.

Brian59

I am a member!

Beigetreten: 02/14/2022

narcissistic sociopath?

SabirSaleem90

My basic example.

like Muslims Follow Islam and celebrates Ramadan in which they used to fast now I make a product and name it Ramadan so in each mind Muslims will be clicked.

so if have basic intellect you can understand naming terminology so better in Products we avoid using names of Religions because every Religion prevent Follow other Religions names and their festivals.

Thank you

lanun

> Correct me If I am wrong

I do believe you are totally mistaken, and you have already been corrected multiple times. Everybody here loves Trisquel and nobody in their right mind should have a problem with its naming tradition, which is a reference to the very origins of the distro, to local culture and to history. If you fail to understand this basic fact and keep conflating it with religious matters, I'm afraid we cannot help you further. Please stop flooding our forum and copy-pasting your own posts. Thank you.

PS: I am reminded of a Sabir Saleem who was studying computer science at Trinity College, Dublin. Was it you?

SabirSaleem90

here we can't do more and more voice Messages & also this is not a platform for that better for make you understand you can come on my official site where we can do Voice Messages & I can make better record voice.

https://wiggly.site/

Thank you.

soy comic
Beigetreten: 12/17/2016

Sabir I had a similar concern and a few years ago took some time to re-style or re-brand my Trisquel instance locally. I did not attempt to replace all the names of ancient gods in the text, so not a full re-brand, but I replaced some of the imagery with my preferred imagery. It is free software after all, we have the freedom to change it: re-style it, re-brand it, re-make it. I hope you find this encouraging.

SabirSaleem90

But yes I understand that this is open source in free in freedom point of view so obviously we can make whole project from using this.

but this way so obviously there is a chance to change instances and other things locally and it's time consuming I was looking for a solution for every person who even do not having programming or any skills but concerned due to their Religions Obligations and want to fix that issue so that would be appreciate if Trisquel team understand and take some good steps.

Because I see many distro they are out of box from Religions or any Diety names of any particular Religion if we are using some softwares we're participating with them with their branding it this thing is very discouraging and disappointed.

I think I made my point of view in very easy words...:)

here I am not saying that we should not respect peoples from different Religion or background all we're brothers in the means of Humanity...

See verses of our Holy Quran

“Allah does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you due to your faith or driven you out of your homes. Allah loves those who deal justly. Allah only forbids you from those people that fought you because of your faith, drove you out of your homes and helped in your expulsion, that you take them as intimate associates. And whosoever takes them as intimate associates, then it is they who are the wrongdoers.” [al-Quran, 60:8-9]

But when we are bound to use other peoples software with their God or anything which we do not Worship so that is not permissible and make some issues in this case.

Correct me If I am wrong

Thank you

lanun

I do believe you are totally mistaken, and you have already been corrected multiple times. Everybody here loves Trisquel and nobody in their right mind should have a problem with its naming tradition, which is a reference to the very origins of the distro, to local culture and to history. If you fail to understand this basic fact and keep conflating it with religious matters, I'm afraid we cannot help you further. Please stop flooding our forum and copy-pasting your own posts. Thank you.

PS: I am reminded of a Sabir Saleem who was studying computer science at Trinity College, Dublin. Was it you?

SabirSaleem90

this is not a permanent solution that I was asking because a layman who do not know basic programming can not edit things and if the person is also concerned so devs of Trisquel should change their naming schema so all peoples having any background can take advantage of this platform.

Thank you

libredrs

I am a member!

Beigetreten: 01/29/2012

The 'naming schema' is apparently not going to change.

You can live with it, 'rebrand' for yourself (as well as others) as suggested or use another distribution. Why is that so difficult to accept? Time to move on.

lanun

SabirSaleem90

@lanun you took me & @Lèyon di wrong idk why.

What was our point is that trisquel is good project in respect of freedom and we admit that but as far as its naming point of view peoples has their own opinions because when any products use name of some Deities whom people worship so the peoples having mindset in Religious Community would be concerned and will raise up the matter.

Everybody has rights to raise up and say in the forum if peoples are responding and giving their suggestions so they are open to do that because we're not using any bad Language and not violating the platform....isn't it ?

Anyways the solution of making independent project with correction of Name I think is best solution and some peoples whom has skills and small investment can try host Server and make their contributions would be very great..

Thank you everyone once again for listening my concern...!