Help me to add a HP Deskjet D1560 printer in Trisquel 7.0

5 replies [Last post]
lap4fsf

I have a HP Deskjet D1560 printer which worked fine with Trisquel 6.0. When I upgraded to Trisquel 7.0 from 6.0, then also it worked perfectly.

Then I made a fresh install of Trisquel 7.0. But this time, although I can detect my printer via system settings -> Printers -> Add New Printer when I select either 'Deskjet-D1500-series' or 'Deskjet-D1500-series-2' I get an error saying 'Failed to add new printer'.

Am I missing any packages from Trisquel 6.0 which enabled me to add my printer?

I have attached screenshots alongside for better understanding.

AttachmentSize
Snap-shot 1.png12 KB
Snap-shot 2.png16.95 KB
Snap-shot 3.png5.55 KB
lap4fsf

> I just used CUPS;

Hi Heather,
Thank you for the reply. But unfortunately, being a new user, I could not understand your solution.

Can you explain a bit more how you did the trick? (like, the commands used/package installed via synaptic/add or remove software etc.)

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

You can install the package named "system-config-printer-gnome" (for instance from the "Synaptic package manager") and get the graphical interface you use to have on Trisquel 6.

lap4fsf

@ Magic Banana,

Success...!! Now I am able to print my documents with HP Deskjet printer.
So I presume the package 'system-config-printer-gnome' which is missing in Trisquel 7.0 was giving me nightmares for a while.

We should write to Ruben to include this package in the base installation package list.

Thanks a lot, MB...!!