Libreboot X200 returns on Minifree

108 replies [Last post]
libreleah

No, the Lenovo G505S doesn't have the PSP

s1lv3r

oh good to hear

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

That's quite a powerful laptop too, and a 15^ screen. I would really love to own one (a librebooted one, that is, of course)

vita_cell

PowerPC computers are always were much better comparing vs x86, but always were expensive. So Talos is much better computer, but much more expensive. It holds inside a good PowerPC CPU.

I. Khider

Ahhh, interesting. : - )

a_slacker_here

Question for Leah:

If I recall correctly, the next version of libreboot will provide full support for the t400's advanced minidock, do you plan to sell those docks in minifree?

libreleah

Yes, I very well may do so. If you're interested in the T400, we also sell that at Minifree in addition to the X200. Upstream coreboot fixed support for the T400 docking station, and the next release of Libreboot will incorporate a newer coreboot version which includes the fix.

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

meh..

meh, meh, meh..

meh..

libreleah

I want to say that I very much 100% agree with SuperTramp83. You could not even pay me to agree more, because it is not possible.

Meh indeed, the +1 on your post is from me.

I'm not happy at all with what Tiberiu and Technoethical has tried to do to this thread. Successfully, it seems.

I sincerely hope that people do not believe their statements about me. It's clear that it is in his best interest to trash me as much as possible, hence his efforts in this thread. It's ironic that he once accused me of anti-competitive practises, when it's clear in this thread that he is engaging in FUD tactics.

He even recruited someone to work along with him.

Technoethical

I am a member!

Leah:
> It's clear that it is in his best interest to trash me as much as possible

That has never been among my objectives. Nor wish that your company didn't exist, as you've accused me of in one of your earlier comments.

I just wish, like everybody else, that you stop lying that your prices are half of Technoethical's and that you offer good quality products. From the reports here it's clear that the good quality products that you sell are exceptions. It's also probably why you don't have reviews on your website, nor accept payment by card. PayPal could confirm this, but not without a court order.

> when it's clear in this thread that he is engaging in FUD tactics.
> He even recruited someone to work along with him.

For a detailed explanation why this is completely false and paranoia, see:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/libreboot-x200-returns-minifree#comment-124423

Tiberiu

libreleah

How is everything you've done in this thread not an attempt to trash Minifree? You have repeatedly made baseless claims that Minifree defrauds and deceives its customers, when it doesn't. You have said repeatedly that Minifree ships low quality products, and that yours ships high quality, to try to get people to move to you. This is a lie. Minifree and Technoethical both ship good products!

Yes you read me right! I just said that Technoethical sells good products. So does Minifree. Minifree and Technoethical are both good companies! You will note that I said from the beginning, in my first reply to you in this thread, that I fully endorse your company. I meant it! If someone buys from you instead of me, that's totally their choice. All - all - I ask is that you please stop attacking me or trying to spread FUD against my company. Surely you agree that this is a reasonable request?

As previously stated in a reply, I know how to deal with you from this point: discredit everything you've said by demostrating that Minifree is an honest, reliable company. I'll be very aggressively shipping my X200s this week, as many of them as I can, and I'll be bringing people here to write positive reviews about their laptops that they've bought.

Try trashing those threads, and try trolling them. I'd love to see you try. I'll be asking them to make separate threads per review. Imagine how that will look on your company if you even attempted it, as you've done here.

Btw: I don't take reviews on minifree.org because I believe it is not credible for a company to have reviews of its own products on its own website, that it controls. This is why I try to get people to review elsewhere. And Minifree stopped using PayPal because its account was frozen twice, not for the reasons you accuse, but because PayPal regularly freezes accounts when companies grow too fast. minifree was shut down for a solid 3 weeks because of this, once.

So stay tuned :)

PS: and please stop replying. For the love of god... you always have to have the last word. This is your biggest flaw, you know that?

calher

I am a member!

On Wed, 2017-12-13 at 11:46 +0100, name at domain wrote:
> This is why I try to get people to review
> elsewhere.

Review of Minifree:

The laptop came in good condition, and replacement parts have always
been provided with technical support on installation. Sometimes, I'd
get a bigger hard drive than ordered, which was a bonus.

I could never get my firmware of choice flashed, though. I had to type
in QWERTY in GRUB, which confused me. I thought I specified Dvorak UK.

--
Caleb Herbert
OpenPGP public key: http://bluehome.net/csh/pubkey

libreleah

Hi calher,

I apologize for this oversight.

If this issue still affects you, here's how to rectify it:
* dump the ROM using flashrom
* extract grub.cfg using cbfstool
* change "keymap ukqwerty" in grub.cfg to "keymap ukdvorak" (I recall that I shipped you UK Dvorak)
* reinsert the grub.cfg using cbfstool, this time with ukdvorak specified in grub.cfg
* flash the modified ROM

This guide shows how to modify grub.cfg in the Libreboot ROM that is flashed:
https://libreboot.org/docs/gnulinux/grub_cbfs.html

If you want me to provide support for this, I'm happy to. My IRC handle on freenode is _4of7

Ping me any time you like (NOTE: During December, I'm not looking at IRC much, due to heavy workload, but I take time off during the weekends).

~Leah

calher

I am a member!

I fixed it already a while ago, but thanks for the offer.

I'll see if it comes with Dvorak on my next order. I'll order by
encrypted email. (Not any time soon, but whenever I need an additional
computer or this one is too much of a pain to repair.)

Wait. How do I send encrypted mail if my computer is broken and my GPG
key is on the same computer that will be broken?

calher

I am a member!

On Wed, 2017-12-13 at 10:37 +0100, name at domain wrote:
> It's also probably why you don't have reviews on your website,
> nor accept payment by card. PayPal could confirm this, but not without a
> court order.

It is not good to have PayPal on a web store. It is a proprietary
program, and providing it to users would be distribution and endorsement
of proprietary software.

--
Caleb Herbert

loldier

Don't you worry, Leah. It's water off a duck's back. Your gain, their loss.

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

>I sincerely hope that people do not believe their statements about me

Well, I say I don't know neither one of you, for I never met you but I can judge from waht one writes and does on this forum. When I come here I want to share tips and learn about free software, and eventually joke. And this is all beautiful, but coming here and seeing this shit **AGAIN** makes me go ultra meh. My baseball bat is nervous ://
It's just sad how people can not learn how to simply ignore (that includes me too sadly, sometimes).
And as far as business goes I really don't think no discussion, no winning or losing over words is going to benefit the final quantity of greens in your pockets at the end of the year. I will repeat this: it does not matter which one of you presents better points or arms a better argumentation, you are just looking bad, both of you.
So yeah, you are losing you time **and** money IMHO.

That being said, Leah you especially should just keep doing your work, a work that we all have always appreciated a lot. Do your work and your business and ignore whatever shit someone writes on some website, right?

just my dos centavos :/

s1lv3r

Couldn't agree more with Supertrump83, this fight is pointless.

loldier

I wouldn't call it fighting. It's more like good old bullying. And it's not Leah whose doing the bullying. It's a man's world, after all.

That said, Supertramp has a point, as always. There's only so much we can do to help. Leah would be wise to ignore all this shit thrown at her. Take this advice and go on with your life and business.

calher

I am a member!

On Wed, 2017-12-13 at 22:02 +0100, name at domain wrote:
> And it's not
> Leah whose doing the bullying. It's a man's world, after all.

Tiberiu is doing the bullying, but this is not gender-related.

Please avoid saying that people always do things to a victim because of
their identity.

Someone stole my quarter the other day when I dropped it on the floor.
They must be one of those people who first spend all their time figuring
out who's gay and who's not before they pick up someone's lost coins. A
lot of those people exist, you know. They're called fag snags.

If you think anything I've said here is disrespectful to women, I dare
you to speak to all the women who've raised me.

--
Caleb Herbert

libreleah

Calher, I know you mean well, but please let's not re-escelate things.

This is not a war worth having. The fighting has stopped, and that's all that matters.

libreleah

I just want the trolling, the FUD and the slander against Minifree to stop.

It has repeatedly been suggested, in this thread, that Minifree deceives its customers and that it ships poor quality products and provides low quality service.
These suggestions are 100% false.

Until today, Minifree has been making many sales. I've been shipping laptops quickly, doing the best I can under tight workloads. I've been providing generally very good service to my customers, and shipping good products. I think it's extremely unfair what has happened to me in this thread, for 2 reasons:

1) The accusations made against me/Minifree are all false. Minifree provides good quality products and decent service, even with limited resources operating under tight deadlines. We make quite a lot of sales, generally, at different times of the year.

2) If people believe these accusations, and our sales go down, then... well, this is Minifree being damaged. By slander. Credibility is everything. If we lose credibility because of what has happened in this thread, that means we can't even demonstrate that the accusations are wrong, if our sales die or drop too low.

I just want it to stop. Immediately. I want to focus on my customers, on Minifree and on Libreboot. I do not want to spend time arguing with Technoethical - for the 2nd time, I might add since this has happened before!

I want to spend time helping more people by providing them with libreboot laptops. This is important. Libreboot is an important project.

Instead, I've had to waste my time defending myself against a hostile competitor, which has resulted in my sales going down. Theirs too, probably. It has resulted in less time for me... guess what?

Less people get freedom. People will look elsewhere instead, and become alienated.

calher

I am a member!

I wonder if all this thread is just a game meant to distract and delay
Minifree. :(

I. Khider

I really like how LibreLeah is looking to get AMD CPU laptops into Minifree's inventory. A few words of caution before jumping in with them, certain mid-range laptops have poor battery life. Up to three hours if you are lucky, so please try to find a device that lasts a little longer, if possible. The other issue is graphics. AMD really needs to sort out their graphics driver so that in the event you need to plug in your laptop to an external monitor (when using Trisquel, for example) to work on something, you are SOL. (I write to AMD ongoing about this issue, and will be sending another letter soon.) One of my favorite OS experiences was when I had the Lenovo X120 and then the X140E, running Trisquel 6. I had long battery life and a super cool OS that did most of the things I needed before life got more complex, like sometimes needed multiple monitors.

I think Technoethical had an ASUS netbook or chromebook thingy that was converted to something Libre friendly that had no Intel CPU, very cool. If I am not mistaken, Nvidea also makes CPU's for some laptops. And there is also VIA, and Lemote. Such slim pickings out there in terms of CPU manufacturers. The mobile phones running Replicant are an exciting development though. It is a pity that there is not wider availability for such devices for North America. You need to start somewhere, though.

There was one fellow who complained about a laptop glitch for Minifree and LibreLeah had the policy of sending another machine and the first one would not need to be sent back until the new one arrived. I like that policy. I am guessing Technoethical would do the same.

Running a small business is really tough, especially when you start. You really need to promote yourself and post testimonials on your site and all that stuff. The emotional ups and downs are almost too much at times. If you can survive this part, you may thrive down the road. Try to hang in there. You guys are doing important work and I look forward to buying from both of you at some point.

I will say this about Paypal and payment. Paypal sucks, they also delayed/froze payments for my business. This is a general policy of theirs. Sometimes I called them up, yelled and begged, hung up and then tried a different rep. Eventually, if I plead and beg hard enough, they release funds in a more timely manner. However, if you already have a large pool of cash, they will release funds faster. If you are struggling, they will scrutinize. Go figure. Also, Paypal claims percentages instead of a standard fee. Like they stored my products, marketed them, and helped fabricate. Not. Paypal is a monopoly who does as they please and they answer to no one. There really needs to be more (viable) payment options out there. Unfortunately, Paypal rips you off the least, which is a sad statement. In terms of bank transfers, those are expensive. For most banks, you need to have a balance of 20K + before wire fees are waived. Not many have that kind of bank balance. Credit card companies are a racket who charge rates not much different from your local Mafioso. Consumers and business need to presure their elected representatives to keep the banks and entities like Paypal in check otherwise the exploitation and practise of strangling small business (and customers) will continue and get worse.

calher

I am a member!

Richard Stallman says he just gets extended battery packs. It seems to
work for his long travels.

I use my boyfriend's adaptor and plug my laptop into the cigarette
lighter in the car. This is how I'm responding to email and writing
this at the moment.

(BTW, email > forums. Offline > online.) :P

gnutastyc

STOP THIS NONSENSE, PLEASE. It's going nowhere and the forum Trisquel-users is not the place to continue this.

loldier

Yes, I agree. It should be obvious that this is not the way to go. The community will be ruined by this, eventually.

libreleah

I want it to be known that I 100% agree with loldier and gnutastyc.

The purpose of this thread is to promote Minifree's Libreboot X200, and to answer questions about it. Nothing else.

I do hope Technoethical will stop trying to trash this thread. I have no intention to continue communicating with them at this point, either here or elsewhere.

FYI: It's currently 7.30pm 13 December 2017 in the UK, as I write this. Today I shipped 8 laptops, and I'm currently preparing more for tomorrow. I'm aiming for about 10 tomorrow. Similar on Friday too. If Technoethical (Tiberiu) wants me, tell him I'm busy ;)

loldier

If this is the way some people think they are going to make a point, then I'd like to see a new rule adopted here (taken from Modern Vespa). We need to come together and let issues be handled on an individual basis with the vendor -- somewhere else. The Trisquel Forum is not the place to do it.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic101599

Airing of dealer or vendor grievances -- no matter how well intentioned -- is prohibited. Trisquel Users Forum is not the place to resolve disputes with businesses or otherwise publicly identify a business whom you allege has done something wrong.

It's not because we don't like criticism but because we can't verify anything. Anybody can say just about anything and get away with it. Even those who have proper real issues are risking being labeled a trouble maker.

libreleah

^ I 100% agree with this. This is not the first time I've had a major dispute with Tiberiu/Technoethical on Trisquel forums.

I want it to stop. I posted this thread here about Minifree's Libreboot X200 with the intention of telling people about it, and answering questions etc. Also taking feedback.

Unfortunately, this is now impossible. This thread has been completely trashed, because of the hostile actions of a competitor of mine.

I will very likely be creating a brand new thread. I'll be sending people to write reviews there instead of here.

loldier

Moreover, it's critical that his never happens again. I remember "them" threatening with legal action "if". So, to protect the users and the community from any such nonsense, any person who makes legal threats should be banned.

We cannot risk being drawn into legal disputes with anybody.

libreleah

In fact, Technoethical (aka Tiberiu) posted on this very thread, threatening Minifree legally... after first spamming the thread to begin with, while claiming that they are not hostile. Etc

This is not the first time I've had a dispute with Technoethical here. I want it to end, permanently. I've had enough of their hostilities. I want to know that I can promote Libreboot+Trisquel laptops on this forum without having to worry that they will try to trash the thread.

quantumgravity

They threatened me also legally, multiple times.
They're threatening a lot...

gnutastyc

Exactly. That is the way to go.

To someone else that wrote in this thread his/her experience with minifree and to all the people that Leah or Technoethical will at some point ask for a review... DON'T DO IT HERE. There is a thousand web pages where you can write reviews about online shops, and those will be the places where most people will look for reviews before purchasing a product here or there. If they don't find that useful, then they might come to this forum and ask (as it happened a few weeks ago with someone in the Spanish forum) to the users their opinions, but never to other companies.

And Leah, please, if you really agree with us, stop telling how many computers you have packed today, stop answering to anything that is not a question about your products and stop mentioning Technoethical in your posts, as it could be easily understood as a provoking.

I. Khider

@gnustatyc, are you an official person here? I see that you are sort of new. Who has final say so on these forums? Is that you? Who writes the policies and guidelines? The Terms of Service? For the sake of clarity and such.

loldier

Ruben the leader of the project, aka Quidam, has the final say. There are moderators. David is one of them.

I. Khider

I like cats.

gnutastyc

No, I'm not and you are right, I'm sort of new in this forum (not first time in a public forum, though). I just have been getting more and more nervous about this conversation going nowhere and getting harmful, while at the same time the conversation stopped being respectful at some point.

I apologize if I wasn't polite myself or if what I said led to confusion.

I just believe that in this same forum there's a "English Trisquel GNU/Linux users forum" and a "formerly called "the troll hole", this place has aged nicely and sometimes provides a cozy environment for off-topic conversations. Also trolling --just not all the time--. Visitors are still encouraged to be at least civic." and it should be respected, that's what they are for. However, you are right that I'm not the one that should take care of that being respected, sorry for it, I won't do it again.

I. Khider

"Airing of dealer or vendor grievances -- no matter how well intentioned -- is prohibited. Trisquel Users Forum is not the place to resolve disputes with businesses or otherwise publicly identify a business whom you allege has done something wrong."

Have to disagree on that policy, the whole point is Libre tech. If a company is making false claims, such as they are Libre, and then turn out to be not so Libre, we need to know. If someone is using blood CPU's. that is pretty important. Remember, Richard Stallman got arrested by ATI (now a part of AMD) for protesting their non-free drivers. Same goes with AMD not having drivers like Nouveau to help free as in freedom tech. The whole point of Trisquel is free (as in freedom) tech and by definition, not engaging in opressive practices, either in the design or fabrication phase. If you do not publically identify demonstrable, verifiable (not fake news) wrong doing here, that is taking a step backwards.

Time4Tea

Yes, this is really silly. If people have a customer grievance, then they should really take it up in private.

It's not healthy for the free-software community to be backbiting each other like this :-(

libreleah

I request that all of Technoethical's posts in this thread be deleted, along with any posts related to the dispute that I had with them. The negative review against Minifree should be moved to a separate thread.

The threads promoting Technoethical should also be deleted. They are spam, since they have nothing to do with Minifree.

I make this request, while being less than 50% certain that it will be granted. And it is only a request.

If the above is not possible, then I alternatively request that this entire thread be deleted. I will then create a new thread.

If neither request is granted, then I will still create a new thread and let this one die. It's already trashed anyway, thanks to Technoethical's efforts in the last day or so. I do not want a repeat of this dispute, and I want Technoethical to leave me alone - permanently. What has happened here is completely unacceptable.

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

I'm sorry this happened again, Leah. Thanks so much for all of your hard work. I'm glad that a variety of vendors can ethically distribute freedom-respecting laptops that you made possible.

Forum posts do not seem to be the best medium for providing information about products from any of these vendors. Perhaps adverts like ThinkPenguin's would be a better way of informing the Trisquel community.

libreleah

Just for the record, for clarity, I want to say what happened:

* Technoethical tried to trash Minifree in this thread, suggesting that Minifree provides poor quality service/products
* One of my customers, whose order I did genuinely screw up - yes, mistakes happen, sometimes. they are rare - does the same thing as Technoethical, recounting their negative experience. This serves to give the impression that every Minifree customer will have the same rotten experience as they did. - btw, they're talking about the T400. This thread is about the X200. different product

In reality, what it actually does is exploit a little thing known as "confirmation bias". In reality, this customer wouldn't accept a refund, even though one was offered. I would have given one immediately, as I do with every other customer who wants one. They then went on a continued, concentrated angry crusade against me.

They then tried to astroturf, along with Tiberiu, by calling me paranoid etc or claiming that I believed there was some mad conspiracy by the world against me.

No. It's just 1 person along with Technoethical who have tried to trash this thread. Had they not interfered, the thread would be going along smoothly.

And btw, my sales are still zero since December 11th. Not because any of what vltr or Technoethical have said is actually true, but because they made others think that it is.

Let me re-phrase that: a hostile competitor may very well have damaged my company, by spreading slander about mine, on this forum.

I demand an apology.

Tiberiu: I'm still going to link your company on libreboot.org. It's not exclusively up to me anyway.
I'm not going to retaliate for this. I just hope you realize that your attack has actually worked.
I hope one day you feel shame for what you've done to me.

You have repeatedly lied, slandered and attacked Minifree, all for your own commercial gain. It's clear that you don't want the X200 to get off the ground, because then people would actually start talking about it. You had to attack quickly, and try to de-rail this effort as much as possible.

I said that I wholeheartedly endorse your company, and that's still true. But I no longer endorse you. If this wasn't true before, it certainly is now: I now regard you with the utmost contempt.
I'm doing everything I can to reverse the damage that you've done to me in the last few days. I sincerely hope that this isn't permanent.

quantumgravity

Leah, everybody who follows the forum knows exactly what kind of people technoethical are, so you can completely relax.
We saw what steps they are willing to take, and it's frightening, to say the least.
It's amusing for me to watch this thread with those "mysterious" customers and forum members who suddenly speak up in favor of technoethical, but normally never take part in any conversation.

Really, you can just ignore it.

I. Khider

Hrm, this does not sound entirely fair. We regularly post (justified) criticisms of entities like AMD, Intel, Nvidea, Lemote and the like. I do not see why small entities should be excused. However, it can be done in a civil manner. At this time, there is not much in the way of forums to discuss Libre-tech or (civilly) vent frustations. I like that LibreLeah and Technoethical bring awareness to their brand and offerings. It is also super cool that some are looking to diversify their machine component pool, which is good for all of us. With Minifree, they seem to be new, so some vetting is called for, to the tune of, 'Hey, bought a product and it worked okay, they did not take the money and run.' So people who are actually looking to make a purahse can feel more secure. Dialog is needed to grow and I am certain there are more than enough sales to go around once the word spreads.

Technoethical

I am a member!

I got tired of Leah underestimating everyone's capacity to judge for themselves if something is true or not, based on facts.

It's ridiculous how she considers that we're all morons and that we'll simply take her word despite what we see with our own eyes.

I'm also tired of having to come forward to make statements to correct her. I've been a free software activist for the past 11 years, but I'm deeply sorry that being involved in this important movement means having to deal with a leader that has a record of instability. But it doesn't have to continue to be this way. Leaders have power until we stop granting it to them.

Tiberiu

libreleah

I'm about to send you an email. I'm also going to announce the email on this thread.

EDIT: see https://trisquel.info/en/forum/libreboot-x200-returns-minifree?page=2#comment-124501

While reading this post, please note that I am 100% serious and *will* follow through on my end of the deal, if you agree to it.

loldier

"Kafkaesque" comes to mind.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/29/nyregion/the-essence-of-kafkaesque.html

"What's Kafkaesque," [...] "is when you enter a surreal world in which all your control patterns, all your plans, the whole way in which you have configured your own behavior, begins to fall to pieces, when you find yourself against a force that does not lend itself to the way you perceive the world.

"You don't give up, you don't lie down and die. What you do is struggle against this with all of your equipment, with whatever you have. But of course you don't stand a chance. That's Kafkaesque."

libreleah

Hi everyone. In the interest of transparency, I will publish this email I have just now sent to Technoethical, in an attempt to de-escelate and end all of these hostilities:

To: Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <name at domain>
Subject: peace deal
Cc: Vikings <name at domain>, name at domain,
Free Software Foundation <name at domain>, John Sullivan <name at domain>
Message-ID: <name at domain>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:59:38 +0000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101
Icedove/45.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Hi Tiberiu,

This email is in my capacity as the director of Minifree, and not in
any way as a member of the Libreboot project.

I'm CC'ing my other competitors aswell, aswell as the FSF, in the
interest of both transparency and fairness. I do not wish for this to
be negotiated in secret between us.

I'm really not happy with your behaviour on the recent Trisquel thread
about Minifree's Libreboot X200 re-launch. That being said, I
understand why you would do it. I'm also guilty of rotten behaviour ther
e.

I will not ask you to apologize. I will simply forgive you, whether
you're sorry or not.

For avoidance of doubt, I refer to this thread:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/libreboot-x200-returns-minifree

What I'm about to propose has a single premise in mind: to end any
hostilities or tensions between the 4 of us (minifree, technoethical,
vikings, libiquity). I'm not asking for us to work together, I'm
simply asking that we stop being hostile with each other.

I get it, I really do. But I don't want it to continue. I have a
proposal which I believe will benefit both of us. Please consider it:

1)
I link to Technoethical on Minifree
You link to Minifree on Technoethical

This will benefit both of us. You have strengths over Minifree, and
Minifree has strengths over you. We link to each other, and let people
choose.

By doing this, we both get more publicity. Minifree has quite a lot of
exposure on search engines and blogs. You would get more visitors to
your website.

I will also link to Vikings and Libiquity - whether or not they then
link to Minifree is irrelevant to me, but I hope they will.

The 3 of you already have this deal going between all of you, of
linking to each other. Basically, I propose to join this team, so that
the 4 of us cooperate in this manner.

2)
We both announce our new alliance-of-sorts, publicly, in the X200
thread on Trisquel forums, and agree to cooperate from now on.

It may also be preferable to announce a brand new thread for this. We
both then stop responding on the Trisquel thread where the dispute
recently occured.

We also both agree not to respond in the X200 thread anymore. I will
eventually, perhaps, start a new thread. I'm planning several changes
to Minifree in the run-up to christmas, including changes to the X200.

If I do start that new thread, I will put a footnote in the bottom
saying this:

PS: These companies also sell the X200. They are also good
alternatives to Minifree:
technoethical, vikings, libiquity

3)
As much as possible, I will try not to step on your toes at all. So
for instance, I won't say "Minifree is cheaper than Technoethical".
I'll simply focus on Minifree, and as much as possible, try not to
focus on you at all, or on others for that matter. You will also do
the same.

This is not to say that we won't compete. Of course we'll do that. We
will simply acknowledge each others existence and respect each other
to the best of our abilities, and not try to attack each other in any wa
y.

The fighting must end. It is damaging not just our companies, but also
the community at large. I'm proposing that we at least be civil with
each other.

I leave this with you to consider. I will execute my part of this deal
immediately, if you agree.

PS: Even if you reject this deal, I will still play my part and try
not to anger you anymore. The last thing I want to do is fight with
you. It causes me endless stress, and I'd rather focus on more
important things. I have my own priorities, such as Minifree and
Libreboot, but also many others. It is illogical to fight.

- --
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer and project founder.

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free BIOS - https://libreboot.org/
Use a free operating system, GNU+Linux.

Support computer user freedom
https://fsf.org/ - https://gnu.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: https://minifree.org/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQEzBAEBCAAdFiEE+JRrnG26iGmvPhSA/0W3TPnRz5QFAloyZ6oACgkQ/0W3TPnR
z5Rs1Af+PPLRVorcLM4PujsDbDOrYF3upVpCN9RbeEN8DG6oPURqYMD7mOl0VVgK
TjSrPWypNaJFqXmY6vOHlbEdt2Y8Rzcvo/u06Dck9Q8AlakrSSco3IE4j7PAfxJG
aur91vZkXMwkgc2BV/gBuY7wap4oUn07YSXf5CJEANuZJWPlAnFQGNUFBjIzTYzG
q19p9QJBLUxtrgaYLPAWx1iBpktqBambc8O8wAJx/Me8+zJBVsFzuQOW4WJNsxiR
fXeXRKkhOBsaPDf4KF5d8hq8Tx8gw5vBa7eOaHsnUZDEXyTkL1axfXN2yrtmPFgM
y9CX//1VtLI63F20Y6Oathh9Ymo41w==
=Dr76
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

loldier

I'm amazed that Leah is still trying to reason with them, negotiate.

You should pay them no attention. All they are ever going to do is take your words, twist them and throw them back at you in some awfully garbled form that bears no semblance to the meaning of your message.