trisquel 8

8 replies [Last post]
User0

When it comes official ?
Do we know date?

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Oh look, a thread asking about t8.. wow, we needed that, we had no similar one so far, gee, thanks for your contribution!
You marvelous one! Now that I come to think of it it seems strange no one ever though of posting one such thread yet, you are really a champ, thanks again, you incredibly marvelous one!

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

While we're here, would anyone like to share their thoughts on systemd or give Purism credit for other people's work?

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

>or give Purism credit for other people's work?

oh yeah..now we talk brother, we need one such thread ASAP, directing my self into making one right now! Thank you for the reminder!

quantumgravity

santa clause will sure do the job and bring trisquel 8

Time4Tea

I heard Santa's enrolled his elves in a Bash scripting workshop this year ... XD

GNUser

Is T8 receiving security updates as of now? Automatic or does Ruben loads them by hand?
If so, up to which point will we be bale to use T8? I am too lazy to check Ubuntu lifespan lol.

gnutastyc

For what I have understood so far from this information: https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/how-trisquel-made, security updates of all packages that have already been built (whose package-helpers are updated) will get the security updates at the latest one day after ubuntu provides them.

I also have to say that I am receiving updates of packages (I'm using trisquel 8) that have not been modified by the developers in a long time, so I guess what I said before makes some sense. If someone disagrees, please, correct me.

GNUser

Thanks.
It's good to know that even if work on Trisquel stopped right now, we would have a Free OS for another couple years with security updates (by that time I hope some other solution would already be present).
I am using T7 however I did install some packages from the original developers sites (using PPA or deb files, I don't usually build from source) to get the latest version when necessary. With T8 I would be fine for years to come. However I hope we get a stable release soon (at least before it becomes outdated itself lol).