Trisquel 8 release countdown clock

26 replies [Last post]
Pyraman

Since a lot of people have been asking about Trisquel 8 recently, I made a countdown timer until the official release of Trisquel 8: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200101T00&p0=136&font=cursive Please let me know if you like it

Ignacio.Agullo

On 14/11/17 00:37, wrote:
> Since a lot of people have been asking about Trisquel 8 recently, I
> made a countdown timer until the official release of Trisquel 8:
> https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200101T00&p0=136&font=cursive
> Please let me know if you like it

It makes me feel hopeless.

--
Ignacio Agulló · name at domain

Pyraman

Why? If such a long time is needed for this release, it might be the best Linux distro in the history of mankind. Cheer up! ;)

ADFENO

I wonder if this is indeed official...

It's one of the fewer times I see this email address in the mailing
lists, and I don't know if person is involvement in the development.

name at domain writes:

> Since a lot of people have been asking about Trisquel 8 recently, I
> made a countdown timer until the official release of Trisquel 8:
> https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200101T00&p0=136&font=cursive
> Please let me know if you like it
>

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
(apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Just one more hater, who has nothing better to do than mock people who actually achieve things. Ignore.

Pyraman

Why do you think that I am mocking the people? If you look at the pace of Trisquel 8 development, you could easily estimate that we can't release it before 2020. Let's be realistic please, okay?

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

> Why do you think that I am mocking the people?

Don't act obtuse, and lose the feigned interest and concern. You are mocking the only path to freedom for the majority of desktop users. You are attempting to undermine morale in a community. You are doing it for fun. You know it.

When I'm bored, I remember that there is an emacs implementation of 2048.

https://github.com/dryman/emacs-2048

I wouldn't suggest this for the other threads about Trisquel 8 because it would create the appearance of censorship, but this one should be moved to the troll lounge.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Thank you (or not) for wasting my time! :-)

I wanted to figure out if not having colors of http://git.io/2048 (the original version with https://github.com/gabrielecirulli/2048 hosting its source code) or those of the Rockbox version would confuse me. Result: 2048 (the game stops there, unfortunately).

2048.png
quantumgravity

"You are mocking the only path to freedom for the majority of desktop users."

That's extremely exaggerated. If you look at a typical technically unskilled user who wants to make the transition from windows or mac, I doubt that he can or ever could achieve this without any help from more advanced users just by using trisquel.
He will have a lot of questions and run into trouble, so there has to be somebody to ask or even set up the system for him.
This person could as well just set up debian for him with taking care for the non-free pitfalls, or even ubuntu (using the right hardware, non-free firmware blobs will never be loaded and remain as dead code on the hard disk).
I, for instance, installed debian on the macbook of my girlfriend, and it's running perfectly and she has no trouble whatsoever with it.
On the other hand, she would never have been able to install trisquel or any other operating system on her own.
Finding, downloading and putting the iso on a usb stick as well as booting the computer alone would have been sufficient for failure.

Besides, an outdated and insufficiently developed OS is clearly not what the "majority of desktop users" want.
Indeed this thread was kind of tasteless and inappropriate,
but the way this forum applies censorship again is just making me sick. This hypocrite "yeah I want freedom of speech, but in this particular case I want to make an exception.." is beyond disgusting.

Most people in this forum never make any compromise with software freedom, the tiniest and most insignificant flaw in a piece of software is often enough to condemn it and blame the developers (just think of debian), but censoring unwanted voices (and like it or not, this thread is nothing but an unwanted voice), that's perfectly fine.

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

> I doubt that he can or ever could achieve this without any help from more advanced users just by using trisquel.

You're right about that. I have to burn the ISO to a flash drive for people and show them how to boot into it.

> This person could as well just set up debian for him with taking care for the non-free pitfalls, or even ubuntu

It takes me about 30 minutes to get someone comfortable with Trisquel. Debian would require hand-holding for a while, and they'd eventually have to learn to use a terminal which would be a deal-breaker for many people.

If Ubuntu can indeed function fully without any proprietary software, then you're right that that Ubuntu 16.04 would be better for most people than Trisquel 7. I don't know how to do this, but I would be glad to know how if you can explain a little more or link to somewhere I could find the information.

> This hypocrite "yeah I want freedom of speech, but in this particular case I want to make an exception.." is beyond disgusting.

I can understand why I came across that way. I believe in freedom of speech, which means that speech should never be illegal. I also believe that posts here should not be censored just for criticizing Trisquel. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech since Trisquel moderators are not a government, but is because I think that dissenting viewpoints are healthy for the community. I did not suggest moving this thread because I disagree with it with OP's opinion. They did not actually state an opinion and were just trolling. I initially thought the thread should be moved to the Troll Lounge because that's what it's for. When I noticed that the OP was impersonating a Trisquel developer I changed my mind and thought that the post should be deleted. After thinking about it more I no longer think it should be deleted but still think it belongs in the Troll Lounge.

ADFENO

+1

2017-11-14T03:23:11+0100 name at domain wrote:
> Just one more hater, who has nothing better to do than mock people who
> actually achieve things. Ignore.

calher

I am a member!

Please don't top-post.

Pyraman

It is semi-official, but - if you look at the current pace of Trisquel 8 development - you could easily see that we cannot release it before 2020

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

I just noticed your use of the word "we" here. That goes beyond simple immaturity. You are fraudulently claiming to be a Trisquel developer to create the impression that your FUD is credible. This thread needs to be deleted.

Pyraman

If you doubt my words, please ask Ruben - he will confirm the 2020 release date

Pyraman

I haven't visited this thread for a while... WOW, my friends ! If you are not sure about 2020 release date, please ask Ruben - he will confirm. But before you do that, you could use this beautiful countdown clock as a good estimate of release date instead of being angry ;)

Jodiendo

I forgive Ruben for hes development of trisquel 8, it did crash ND i END RELOADING tRISQUEL 7

Jodiendo

Heather SAID: So....Trololololo Aunt Tillie is my middle name English English English let me tell you all about my divorce thirty years ago my ex husband's penis how small was it no i won't tell you how many of those mealy mouthed brats I keep popping out trolololololol.....como se dice en francais trolololololol?

I could said with joy and malice of my last wife, I will be remember to be the first one to teach her the most intimate sexual encounters, we learn and enjoy at first hand...that is why after that I kept divorce for 2 decades, and enjoying my freedom, with caution. Yet, i remarried and our sexual conversations and actions is a most and normality..... 20 years meeting my goals and accomplishments, even today.

Jodiendo

Heather said:

you're asking me if I want to get out of this alive?

Yes! WE ARE VERY ALIVE! lets get back to our civilize mind frame and not our dark aged memories. One way or other we encounter sinister dark ways in our lives. But we have pushed ourselves to follow the light.

Jodiendo

Pyraman

facts to support, your theory all in coincidence and relationship of your timer:
https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/belenos

Belenos

The 7.0.x LTS edition, codename Belenos.

Belenos is a long term support (LTS) version, which will be supported until mid-2019, getting security updates until 2019. It is based on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr).

Since Trisquel 6.0, the releases are LTS based.

the ballena or beleno is stopping, dragging their tempo at a very slowly swimm and getting ready to be eaten, devour, away by other sharks
SO YOUR CLOCK IS GOOFING AROUND!!! ADJUST THE SON OF A ..TCH TO 2019

JadedCtrl

Huh? The clock's ticking, but the hands aren't moving. Weirddddd.

Jodiendo

JadedCtrl said:
Huh? The clock's ticking, but the hands aren't moving. Weirddddd.

Well you forget to add, They forgot to rewind the clock and set the right tome. Perhaps too much sangria wine and paella running through their veins.or maybe they are suffering a mental deficit to the public, Who knows? what is the real answer!

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

the right sangria and the right tome

the right tome.jpg
Jodiendo

SuperTramp83

Who is the guy on the photo? You? Your friend? or your secret admirer? LOL

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

It's a dude with the right **tome**, viejito :)

User0

TRISQUEL 8 ITS COMING ? :O

Jodiendo

well the countdown should start on Fri, 12/08/2017 - 05:29 according to MR. quidam pOST ,Freedom Fridays, development meetings, 2018 plans