What is your favourite Presentation software?

9 replies [Last post]
amuza

Hello,

I know LibreOffice Impress, but I also know some people prepare their presentations without WYSIWYG software. I guess it must be quicker.

What is your recommendation?

Thanks!

chaosmonk

I am a member!

I am a translator!

I use LaTeX's beamer class.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Idem. If you want some examples, you can download the "source" ("fonte" in Portuguese) along the slides (in English) I made for one of my courses here: http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/en/mda.html#slides

nadebula.1984

LibreOffice Impress or Calligra Stage. You can use Emacs or LaTeX, too. Sometimes I write markdown script and then convert them to HTML using pandoc.

Mastering slide presentation (or office suite) is not an easy job. I recommend the book entitled "Designing with LibreOffice".

Jodiendo

the ones i used and most comm ones are consider good for a beginner are , incscape ,LibreOffice, Impress or Calligra Stage. only I used when Im editing photos etc.but using The Beame that it is out my league..

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

I use libre dos. For everything. I can cook you a semi-liquid paella using only a liner in libredos.
When I have to present something I present libredos.
Everyone is happy with libredos.
Your kid would approve. It has the best graphics on the market!

Jodiendo

supertrams
are you talking? sbout free dos ? because I use the same software on my computer running windows7

How do you cook a paella electronically?

amuza

Thank you all, very nice info.

I like the idea of this LaTeX's beamer class. However, as I don't think I am going to write technical or scientific data, I think I am going to try with something else I have found, which seems easier -and maybe I use for producing other type of documents too: asciidoc.

What do you think of it?

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beamer shines when it comes to writing math... but you do not have to write math!

calher

I am a member!

Some people use Emacs Org Mode to write presentations using a markup language similar to Markdown.

A tool that I find interesting is the one from Suckless:
https://tools.suckless.org/sent/

That said, I stick to Impress. I like my documents to be compatible with everyone else's. (PowerPoint can open OpenDocument files.)