I met RMS yesterday. We talked about Trisquel 8, this is what he said...

58 réponses [Dernière contribution]
I. Khider
A rejoint: 01/19/2013

But Zimmerman also does ads for banks and luxury cars. The times, they are a-changin'. : - (

Lain
A rejoint: 12/11/2017

What a pleasure to dine with RMS! I'm jealous.

bobstechsite

I am a member!

A rejoint: 12/10/2017

So am I!

I'll always have the treasured memory of having a back-and-forth over email with him though for a Linux Format magazine cover feature back in 2009. (You can see the cut-down online version here: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/make-linux-faster-and-lighter)

18 year old me was a little frustrated that he wouldn't give me a productivity tip until I demonstrated that I understood the FSF and its mission. 26 year old me is annoyed I didn't save a copy of the exchange :D

calher

I am a member!

A rejoint: 06/19/2015

Archiving email is hard. I don't blame you for not saving it.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

Using a heavy client, such as Evolution (by default in Trisquel), it is not hard.

t3g
t3g
A rejoint: 05/15/2011

With Ubuntu 18.04 LTS coming out in April, should focus go towards "Trisquel 9" instead? I know there are a lot of users on Trisquel 7 and upgrading will be hard, but maybe its good to have a fresh start? Gnome and KDE are mature of course. MATE, XFCE, and even Budgie will be good to go as well.

I'd love it if the Trisquel team paid attention to the Ubuntu 18.04 alphas/betas and used it as a codebase to prep for a swift launch of "Trisquel 9" soon after Ubuntu 18.04.

Jabjabs
A rejoint: 07/05/2014

I am somewhat hopeful that they decide to bite the bullet and jump T8 straight to LTS 18.04 base.

TheJames
A rejoint: 03/04/2018

Happy GNU I totally agree with RMS. Im a ECON student. My technical knowledge is limited. If I really needed that level of privacy I would go to parabola. What I need is something simple, compatible, and easy to use. My friends run Parabola and Fedora, but most Command lines are my limit. Trisquel is simply the best FSW for the masses and myself. GNU is already too fractured.

My first post. Feedback encouraged.