A rejoint: 01/22/2011
Aprendiz_de_linux
A rejoint: 03/02/2014

Finally!!
Thanks very much. I will try it now.
Best regards

Majin Buu
A rejoint: 11/05/2016

Thanks for the news! What are the changes?

ewlabonte

I am a member!

A rejoint: 08/29/2009

It includes an installer. It's still a little rough around the edges because it's alpha but I'm running it now and it's usable.

JoseGatica
A rejoint: 10/26/2016

Running it too. So cool this version <3

Anonymous (non vérifié)
Anonymous

Nice to see Trisquel making so much progress.

Aprendiz_de_linux

Can't install.... it gives me error as superuser at installer ... the error happened during installation and i did noting. What is the problem with installer?

Aprendiz_de_linux

I did a second attempt and what appeared is: "We're sorry; the installer crashed. After you close this window, we'll allow you to file a bug report using the integrated bug reporting tool. This will gather information about your system and your installation process. The details will be sent to our bug tracker and a developer will attend to the problem as soon as possible."

It is still bugged... :\

Aprendiz_de_linux

I forget to take a pic of it..

Screenshot at 2016-12-26 23:00:45.png
onpon4
A rejoint: 05/30/2012

It's still in alpha, so the installer probably just isn't quite ready yet. The important thing is that you can test it, and you only need the live system to do that.

icvatt
A rejoint: 04/18/2016

Is anyone able to download via torrents or is this a problem that only I suffer from ?

ewlabonte

I am a member!

I couldn't either. I downloaded it from the server.

wpurcell
A rejoint: 11/07/2009

I've installed it from a live cd and it works well for me. No Pidgin or Icedove but I assume more refinements will come :-)

ryanpcmcquen
A rejoint: 12/16/2016

I was able to install it successfully! It ran well.

wpurcell
A rejoint: 11/07/2009

Also, printer support seems to be missing. All in good time!

Dave_Hunt

I am a member!

A rejoint: 09/19/2011

Accessibility support also seems to be missing. Glad to know the installer is working for some, and may progress continue.

lilos
A rejoint: 09/04/2015

Why not trisquel version based on Devuan with linux-libre ?

HuangLao
A rejoint: 01/19/2014

Devuan is still alpha, also no guarantee they will be around in a few years. The Devuan dev.'s actually want Debian to merge the two groups together to offer choice of init. So long term Devuan is no guarantee. IMO.

lilos
A rejoint: 09/04/2015

Hmm i use it evryday in my main system on my asus with coreboot and looks very stable to me.

HuangLao

Sure it is stable in that sense, I meant "officially". Also, I was mistaken, it is considered Beta now: "Welcome to Devuan Jessie 1.0 Beta2".

Ref: https://devuan.org/

t3g
t3g
A rejoint: 05/15/2011

With the way the distro scene is going, I'm suprised no one has tried to make a libre version of SolusOS.

ewlabonte

I am a member!

I installed Flidas. Here's an early screenshot after I cleaned things up a bit. I had to grab only part of the screen because at this point the gimp is not installable so I couldn't reduce the image to get it under the 2 mb limit.

Screenshot at 2016-12-29 16:15:14.png
Anonymous (non vérifié)
Anonymous

That looks really nice. Is the background image included by default?

ewlabonte

I am a member!

No, I never use the wallpaper that comes with the distro. I have my own. Here's that one:

ridge-1.jpg
Anonymous (non vérifié)
Anonymous

Thank you

HuangLao

Wonderful background!

ewlabonte

I am a member!

I get all my wallpaper from google. I'll search, for example, "mountain landscapes wallpapers" and go to the images. They'll be lots of mountain wallpaper listed to browse through. Just search for the type of wallpaper you want. Scifi, woodland, astronomical, whatever.

ewlabonte

I am a member!

So far the only problem I've had has been with the unavailability of some of the dependencies for the gimp, so that it can't be installed. But I realize that's because it's still in alpha. Mate is running great, and looks great. It looks much better than gnome fallback. I'll probably keep it right through to the official release.

ryanpcmcquen
A rejoint: 12/16/2016

Typing from Trisquel 8 now. It is running really well. The only thing I have noticed is that `libsdl1.2-dev` is missing from the repo so I cannot compile the latest `mednafen` from source.

myway_1
A rejoint: 11/06/2016

Hello,

I was hoping to try Trisquel 8 as a live USB (actually a live microSD), but my USB wifi adapter isn't working with it.

Dmesg says:

ath9k_htc: failed to get firmware htc_9271.fw

I bought this particular wifi adapter because I read that it is free-software-friendly. It works with Trisquel 7.

How can I get this firmware loaded onto the microSD card?

Thanks for your help.

cantor
A rejoint: 04/08/2015

I've three problems, (with trisquel_8.0_i686.iso):
1) Can't do text install, (he can't find casper)
2) In graphical install, the installer crash during installation of language package, (italian in my case). Same problem of user "Apprendiz_de_linux", I think, (Gnu/Linux however)
3) sorry for my english eheh

Any solutions? I tried three times...

albertoefg
A rejoint: 04/21/2016

Why not install in English and once installed try to install Italian language from settings?

cantor
A rejoint: 04/08/2015

Good idea! I'll try, thank you for your help!
P.S. = often I try things much complicated and I get lost in simple things ahhahaha

EDIT = nothing... I tried english install with italian keymap and it doesn't work. I think I'll wait the next iso or try spanish, (maybe you tried with amd64, I use i686).

MD. SHAHIDUL ISLAM
A rejoint: 10/14/2015

I hoped the stable version will be released in 2016. But not. I have dream that installing trisquel 8 in my desktop starting 2017,

Pandya
A rejoint: 11/11/2014

Is this closer to final release or is an alpha-beta version?

ewlabonte

I am a member!

Very alpha. There are quite a few packages missing or uninstallable at this point. I did install it and it ran.

Dave_Hunt

I am a member!

A rejoint: 09/19/2011

Sounds like you should keep it in virtual, on a flash drive, or on a machine whose hard drive contains nothing important.

jules_verne
A rejoint: 01/02/2017

What are the biggest changes so far?

keithpeter
A rejoint: 01/08/2017

Installed the alpha on my Thinkpad X61s with an atheros 5k wifi card. Details at

https://h-node.org/notebooks/view/en/1330/ThinkPad-X61s

All seems to work. On a couple of occasions the wifi did not come back up after suspending to RAM via lid close. Seems OK at present, can't reproduce the behaviour. The MATE one panel configuration and theme look great and work responsively on what is now a fairly old dual core laptop.

I'm using mtpaint/krita instead of GIMP which is not installable at present. Alpha default install does not appear to have a PDF reader installed, so I'm using xpdf and mupdf. Print to file for PDFs and other documents appears to have very limited options e.g. can't print just one page or a selection. I'm just using pdfseparate and pdfunite commands in combination - tedious but it works. No texlive, R, shotwell, VLC or darktable at present due to library issues. Audacity/Audacious working fine when installed.

LibreOffice menus have that issue where a ticked box in the menu is hidden until you mouse over the menu line that contains the tickbox, e.g. View | Toolbars you need to hover the mouse to see the Formatting and Standard toolbars ticked. I recollect seeing this on other systems and I think that it is a theme config issue. Will try to google the workaround.

I'm getting errors about keys when running sudo apt-get update this evening. I shall keep the alpha install on this old testing laptop and see what happens as the libraries are resolved.

Is there a standard set of tests of any kind? Known bugs to reproduce?