Join us in Orlando Florida for Fossetcon 2014 September 11th - 13th

2 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Chris

I am a member!

Iscritto: 04/23/2011

If you haven't been able to make it to any of the other GNU/Linux or free software related events I've got a few more you may want to check out that ThinkPenguin will be attending.

ThinkPenguin's going to be exhibiting at Fossetcon September 11th-13th. Our CTO is also going to be giving a talk on libreCMC at the event.

If you can't make that we'll also be attending the Ohio Linux Fest at the end of October. At some point I should probably put out a schedule of the conferences we've attended and are likely to attend again.

In any event I'll probably announce the October Ohio Linux Fest on the Trisquel forums and on the ThinkPenguin blog sometime after Fossetcon : https://www.thinkpenguin.com/blog

t3g
t3g
Iscritto: 05/15/2011

Orlando is about an hour to hour and a half drive for me, so this looks promising. Tickets are also really cheap!

Chris

I am a member!

Iscritto: 04/23/2011

It's probably because the sponsors/exhibitors are picking a lot of it up, but $10 certainly isn't bad, but other events we've gone to have even had free or cheap admission too.

Here are some of the prices to the best of my recollection at various events we've attended more recently:

Ohio Linux Fest: free
Fosscon: free
South East: free
North East: free
North West: free
LibrePlanet: free for FSF members ($35 students, $90 non-members)
HOPE: around $90
LinuxCon: $500

We've been to at least one event where the cost to sponsors/exhibitors was as low as $0.13-$0.17 per attendee, but in each case the attendee ticket ran around $100 - $200 and the event(s) had 1700-3000 people in attendance. Comparing those events to this event the cost to sponsors/exhibitors is high starting at about $1.25 per attendee with an estimated attendance of about 600 people.