Gnu
Desconectado/a
se unió: 03/08/2012

It happens to you too?

a_slacker_here
Desconectado/a
se unió: 06/30/2013

Well, I realized that it doesn't block specific ads:

It blocks Urban's Terror adds on its website but it does not block ads on google, startpage, ixquick... But it blocks the majority of them and blocks most of the third party trackers (I've checked the list).

tomlukeywood
Desconectado/a
se unió: 12/05/2014

if you want to block adds use Ublock

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Desconectado/a
se unió: 10/31/2014

what exactly do you mean by "doesn't work"? Icecat's spyblock addon function is not to block ads but the trackers and thus only those adds that track the user will be blocked. If you want it to block all adds you need to add a filter to its filters list. If I may recommend a filter: "fanboy ultimate list".

a_slacker_here
Desconectado/a
se unió: 06/30/2013

So spyblock don't block adds that don't spy? Excellent because I have no problem with ads that don't track.

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Desconectado/a
se unió: 10/31/2014

No. aslacker - as far as I know it is much like privacy badger in this sense. Both think that only the ads that track you are a bad thing and should be blocked.

Gnu
Gnu
Desconectado/a

It doesn't block its list (http://gnuzilla.gnu.org/filters/blacklist.txt) and no other of course before the actualization it worked well.

hnasiet
Desconectado/a
se unió: 02/10/2015

report it to icecat developers, probably no one here is using that version, the version of icecat in trisquel is 31.2 and in parabola it's 31.7

Gnu
Gnu
Desconectado/a

No! The last Trisquel version is 31.8

hnasiet
Desconectado/a
se unió: 02/10/2015

It's probably unrelated, as I don't use spyblock, but today I upgraded icecat to 31.8, and trisquel font object crashes icecat, but it's probably an upstream issue from firefox ESR.