Trying to upgrade to 10 from 9.0.2

5 respuestas [Último envío]
Potato
Desconectado/a
se unió: 06/04/2014

From inside the Mate terminal, I entered: sudo do-release-upgrade. I then entered my computer password.
The system replied: Please install all available updates for your release before upgrading.
However, I had already done that via the Updater. I hit the enter key, but I got another prompt. I then exited.
(Earlier in the day, I had clicked on the "upgrade" button on the Updater function, but nothing happened.)
How should I updgrade to 10? Thanks.

prospero
Desconectado/a
se unió: 05/20/2022

I would try:

sudo do-release-upgrade -d

If it does not work either, then the following should substitute Trisquel 10 codename Nabia for Trisquel 9 codename Etiona in your software source list and upgrade every package to its Trisquel 10 version, no ifs no buts: sudo sed -i s/etiona/nabia/ /etc/apt/sources.list && sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Desconectado/a
se unió: 07/15/2009

Hello,

Just passing by to comment on: sudo do-release-upgrade -d
where the -d stands for development, just like what aramo is now.

Since this is a stable to stable release, then you should be only using:
sudo do-release-upgrade

That will prevent to upgrade to a non-stable release, just in case there happen to be a development release in process.

Potato
Desconectado/a
se unió: 06/04/2014

Thank you, everyone, for your help. Yes, I meant (mean) upgrade from 9.0.2 to 10.
I will give your comments some thought.

prospero
Desconectado/a
se unió: 05/20/2022

Please take into account the above comment about the -d option upgrading to a development release. From a Trisquel 9 Etiona system, you would probably be prompted to upgrade to Trisquel 10 Nabia first, which is what you were already trying to do. What I actually wanted to suggest was to run: sudo apt full-upgrade before running: sudo do-release-upgrade

metaBLAG
Desconectado/a
se unió: 01/29/2021

After a bit of wrangling & scary moments, I've made the jump to triskel 10 as of today. Thanks for the assistance, everyone!

I think that I forgot to update after editing the sources file which messed me up a lot but thank goodness (& the Devs) for that Advanced boot option in GRUB.

Once the desktop was stable enough (konsole worked, but audio app, etc. did not, phew!), I figured out that one more sudo apt-get update would steady the ship. Then it was just a matter of:

1) sudo apt dist-upgrade --fix-missing

2) sudo apt autoremove

I think I'm good now...10 is gorgeous of course and I'm sure 11 will be even better once we get there...thanks again.