Why qre Minifree's Libreboot X200 laptop threads all locked?

9 respuestas [Último envío]
stephP
Desconectado/a
se unió: 06/08/2018

I purchased one of these laptops and it would have been nice to be able to receive some support from Leah or other users. One of the threads explains why it was locked but not the second one. Is this the wrong place to ask support for these laptops? If so, where would be a better place? Minifree says they provide support by email but I haven't had much luck with that for the past few weeks. Thanks.

stephP
Desconectado/a

Also, why is the edit button not always available in these forums? I wish I could correct my typos but for some reason, not all of my posts seem to allow that.

GrevenGull
Desconectado/a
se unió: 12/18/2017

I believe you can edit replies, but not op

stephP
Desconectado/a

It seems more complex than that but thanks.

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Desconectado/a
se unió: 10/31/2014

Once someone replies to your post it gets automatically locked, and for a good reason. Imagine what would this place be without this feature.. an terrible hell..

You can go on their IRC channel on freenode. I believe it was #libreboot

stephP
Desconectado/a

I can see how it's a good idea in the case a specific question is answered but those threads seemed to exist so Minifree could provide support to Trisquel users who might struggle because of libreboot specifics or hardware related issues.

Anyway yes, I will try IRC. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

david

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Desconectado/a
se unió: 08/02/2008

Hi! you have been given two replies, both of them true but just a bit incomplete (I think :)

Regarding the edit button: the first post on each thread can not be edited by its poster because of a limitation of the forum software and its integration with mailing lists. Since it can be done by an administrator, you can ask (me, for instance) for any change (i.e. typos, bad titles, etc.) and we'll help with that.

Regarding the threads being locked, that's a common design decision which affects all threads (without any relation to their topics) after a given time without activity. It's better for the organization of the forum and avoids "necroposting", which usually results in less replies that with a new post. Once again, when it's needed for some reason, an administrator can revert this auto-lock.

We've locked a couple of threads for content reasons, but it's a really uncommon practice at this forum :)

stephP
Desconectado/a

Alright thanks for the detailed answer.

I believe there might be a problem with the edit buttons. At least, I don't experience this behavior. No big deal though. I was just curious.

As for the locked thread I was frustrated about, I won't need to ask a admin to revert the auto-lock as I found a more relevant one that is still open. Good to know we have this option though.

libreleah
Desconectado/a
se unió: 04/03/2017

hey there

i got behind on emails but caught up as of a few days ago. i now answer emails quickly again

if youhave questions about minifree products or about your order, i'm happy to answer them via email

stephP
Desconectado/a

Oh alright. That's good to know. Feel welcome to ignore my last email then (I still need that invoice tho).