AMD/ATI RS780 (Radeon 3000)

3 réponses [Dernière contribution]
chuckufarley
A rejoint: 04/30/2023

Hi!

Having recently performed a successful install of Triskel following the release of 11.0 I just thought I'd extend a thank you and provide confirmation, as per the Release Notes, that the install was entirely successful on my machine equipped with the above. which has notoriously always caused issues when attempting to install any 'properly free' distros including Parabola and GUIX most recently (Devuan also!?) and also Trisquel 10.0!

So whilst I've currently now switched systems, I do now have a fully laden Triskel image which I can/shall restore periodically. Thank You!

KaKooDa
A rejoint: 03/20/2023

Same here! I use AMD RS780/RS880 HD 4200 as well. I had same issues with installing Triskel, PureOS and Guix system. Furthermore, Aramo made graphics faster and more stable; Here is my benchmarks:

Trisquel Nabia:
1- $ glxgears benchmark: Full screen:11fps - Windowed:117fps
2- Graphics caused frequent system crashes, specially on Abrowser
3- Sleep/hybernate function was buggy and made screen look very weird and unusable
4- Games (like Teeworlds) have very low fps (6fps), Although run without problems

Debian Bullseye - Gnome (with only free software):
1- $ glxgears benchmark: Full screen:58fps - Windowed:385fps
2- Sleep/hybernate function was buggy and made screen look very weird and unusable
3- Games (like Teeworlds) also made AMD drivers fail and screen look very weird

Trisquel Aramo:
1- $ glxgears benchmark: Full screen:46fps - Windowed:310fps
2- Sleep/hybernate function work perfectly
3- Games (like Teeworlds) have low fps (16fps), Although run without problems

After long time not being able to watch any movie on my computer (because of low FPS), I am very happy to have my graphics work so good! Thanks Trisquel developers! I just wished you could work with Debian, so that Aramo gets even better GPU performance and Debian gets the stable graphics like Aramo!

andermetalsh
A rejoint: 01/04/2013

You can try the libre driver PPA bacport for Aramo:

https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

You won't get hw acceleration but you might scrape more FPS due to LTO optimizations and faster code in MESA.

KaKooDa
A rejoint: 03/20/2023

Thanks andermetalsh, I did what you told but still no improvement. Debian gives me about ~25% better performance!