[Help Me] Dell-E6430 can't start with Trisquel10 installed.

4 réponses [Dernière contribution]
SenlinOS
A rejoint: 06/29/2022

trisquel-mini_10.0.1_amd64.iso
Dell-E6430

Legacy mode Grub installation failed.
Uefi mode was successfully installed (EFI partition was built)

But it can't boot after restarting.
Display after restarting again: grub rescue>

Please see the screenshot.

Pièce jointeTaille
2023-02-17_11-55-57.jpg18.38 Ko
2023-02-17_11-56-34.jpg33.92 Ko
2023-02-17_11-57-05.jpg28.58 Ko
Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

I would boot the live system and reinstall GRUB. Here are (too) detailed instructions to do so: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Installing#via_ChRoot (ignore every step dealing with software RAID and bcache, unless unless you use them... but you would know it!).

SenlinOS
A rejoint: 06/29/2022

Thank you. I'm just an ordinary user, and I still haven't installed it successfully!

My desktop computer successfully installed Trisquel10.
(EFI, / are both primary partitions, and Home partition.)

I installed Xubuntu 20.04.5 on this laptop.
(Legacy mode, / and Home partition, this can be installed. UEFI cannot be installed successfully.)

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

UEFI cannot be installed successfully.

Are you trying to flash the UEFI, for some reason? I doubt so. Trisquel's installer does not "install UEFI". If you want help, please report what error message you received in what circumstances.

grimlok
A rejoint: 04/16/2013

Some things to try.

First update the BIOS on that machine, because the implementation of UEFI was lacking on older Dells that may be fixed with the current firmware.

To do this you may have to make a FreeDOS USB and run the firmware update from that.

You can get the firmware update from Dell's support site using your service tag and going to the downloads section.

If you can't install with UEFI on, then maybe try to change everything to Legacy boot and do it that way.