I just installed a fresh copy of Trisquel 8 on my T400

10 réponses [Dernière contribution]
andrewandmelissao
A rejoint: 03/29/2018

I just installed a fresh copy of Trisquel 8 on my T400 and when I launch the Add/Remove Applications software, it launches and loads, but as soon as I left click to select an app to install or remove, the curser starts spinning and it seems like the whole application freezes. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? Thank you!

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

If you execute 'gnome-app-install' in a terminal, relevant messages may be printed.

andrewandmelissao

Thank you Magic Banana! I did execute that command through the terminal and that opened the add/remove applications software and as soon as I click a piece of software to be installed, the curser spins and freezes.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

No message printed in the terminal?

andrewandmelissao

Well, the terminal does not display anything. The add/remove software application automatically launches after typing the command and pressing enter.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Does installing through other means (such as the "Synaptic Package Manager") work?

andrewandmelissao

LpSkywalker
A rejoint: 06/29/2017

Synaptic is pretty much the only way you should attempt any changes or installs if not from command line.

The so called package manager is a bad joke which should just be removed (In my opinion)

Beformed
A rejoint: 01/12/2017

Interesting you find the trisquel-app-install utility of no use. Why do you think it is a bad joke?

loldier
A rejoint: 02/17/2016

I think the add/remove applications GUI is useful for people who migrate from MS Windows or those who prefer its simplicity.

It's supposed to be an easy step for people not happy or proficient with the command line.

I never use a GUI to do a task that a simple command in a terminal can do, but I understand there are people who need the pointy-clicky method to do the same thing.

Beformed
A rejoint: 01/12/2017

I'd add that synaptic could be also complicated for that kind of user.