KDE Dolphin File Manager. Version 17.12.3

5 réponses [Dernière contribution]
SabirSaleem90
A rejoint: 10/03/2021

I want to upgrade dolphin file manager from guix packages as in guix I see there is version 20.04.1

https://guix.gnu.org/en/packages/dolphin-20.04.1/

I used below command

guix install dolphin

but this in not upgrading from current version

Legimet
A rejoint: 12/10/2013

It's not going to replace the version of Dolphin provided by Trisquel, it will install separately.

SabirSaleem90

Yes but it's not installing because space error I got.

I am getting an error while installing any application

No space left on device and I see I have no space in hard disk where applications installing by default

how can I merge all partitions without losing data

any suggestions please

Thank you

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

A rejoint: 07/24/2010

I assume a partition for /home takes most of your disk and that you have a simple partition schema (no LVM). If so, that should do it:

1. backup all the home folders (for instance with Back In Time, by default in Trisquel), maybe on an external drive;
  2. verify that you can recover files from the backup;
  3. from a live system, remove the partition for /home and extend the partition for / over the liberated space (for a graphical interface, you can use GParted, which is on Trisquel's ISO, and you can remove/recreate the swap partition if it is in the way);
  4. remove the line about /home in /etc/fstab (on the root partition of the installed system, not that of the live system);
  5. recover the home folders you backed up (they must go in the empty /home on the root partition of the installed system.
SabirSaleem90

Ok I fix it.

Thank you Everyone

SabirSaleem90

I also managed root access via Krusader file manager as an administrator via Services Menu.

it is working but sometimes working as root in trisquel in unsafe because I was reading that attackers can get access and put malicious scripts if an application is in root privilege.

Any suggestions please?