'suspend' works in bootable Trisquel 9.0.2

1 réponse [Dernière contribution]
Lappi
A rejoint: 05/28/2022

Maybe you know this already, but last night found that the 'suspend' on Trisquel 9.0.2. used via a bootable USB actually works. If you want to suspend from what you were doing, do not log out, instead, while sill logged in, press the 'Trisquel symbol' in the bottom left corner, press 'Shut Down' on the very bottom, on the little screen that comes up in the middle press 'suspend' on the left. And, voila, the device goes dark and silent immediately. When you are ready to resume just press a key, and it will resume where you were. Since I chose 'Cosmos' as screensaver, it'll go to that first, but pressing a key then lifts that.
In case for some reason you'd want to use the bootable USB on a different device while the device you put into suspend is suspended, you can do so by pulling it out very carefully while it's suspended. Maybe close the lid, I guess, to avoid accidentally pressing a key. Then if you want to resume on the suspended device, put the bootable USB in again first before pressing a key.
Hope the 'suspend' works just as nicely on installed Trisquel 9.0.2.

Lappi
A rejoint: 05/28/2022

'Suspend' works as described above with installed Trisquel 9 as well! In my case it wakes up to a locked screen, so then log in as normal and things are where they were left.