1920x1080 screen resolution

4 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
Matteo Trevisan
Beigetreten: 08/28/2019

There is way to setupa screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 60 75 hz resolution?
My monitor is gettin a 1280x1024 only.
And i have black overscan around the screen no t able to remove it!

Let me know please.

Thank you

GNUser
Beigetreten: 07/17/2013

Probably has to do with the graphics card. Which card is it?

Matteo Trevisan
Beigetreten: 08/28/2019

ATI 5450

also hdmi audio dosnt works!

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/24/2010

Do you have an Intel processor with integrated graphics? If so, using it would certainly provide you a correct resolution and better performance. And physically removing the AMD card would save energy.

If not, try a newer kernel. Trisquel 8 ships with Linux 4.4 but you can install, from its repository, the package "linux-image-generic-hwe-8.0" to get a 4.15 image. You can have version 4.19 or even 5.2 following the instructions on https://jxself.org/linux-libre/

You need to reboot on the newly installed kernel (the newest version is the default) before trying again to change the resolution.

nadebula.1984
Beigetreten: 05/01/2018

You mean that your display is FHD (1920*1080) but there are only resolution options up to 1280*1024 available in the operating system?

Try to connect the display to your graphics card (either discrete or integrated) via digital interface (either DVI, HDMI or DP), then the operating system should be able to detect the correct resolution.

I believe this is not very relevant to the graphics card. I once connected a second-hand low-end LCD to Intel HD4000, and only resolutions up to 1024*768 were available under GNU/Linux, and the display had only VGA (analog) interface. (But it worked perfectly under Losedows...)

However, if you have Intel integrated graphics, be sure to physically remove this AMD HD5450. Intel graphics starting Sandy Bridge (2nd. gen. Core processors) are way better than it. If you still want a discrete graphics card anyway, then Nvidia Kepler or Maxwell (GM1xx only) is recommended. For example, GTX750Ti.