Install on macbook 2009 late

10 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
luiscastro
Beigetreten: 12/08/2017

Hello.

I want to install Trisquel mini on my macbook 2009 late from usb.
But Trisquel mini doesn't boot from usb. I cant't use DVD drive.

Can you help me to install my macbook 2009 late?

Is it available to install on my laptop?

thank you.

Time4Tea
Beigetreten: 07/16/2017

I had a similar problem installing Trisquel on my Macbook. Unfortunately, Trisquel doesn't seem to provide an 'amd64+mac' ISO, which is required to boot on Intel macs. If you have a Macbook that supports Libreboot, my advice is to firstly install Lubuntu (which does have an amd64+mac ISO); then flash Libreboot using Flashrom; and then install Trisquel. Libreboot can boot up from the regular amd64 ISO.

There are also further details on this Wiki page.

(I have no idea what is different about the 'amd64+mac' ISO, btw)

luiscastro

Thank you for replying Time4Tea.

Unfortunately,My macbook is not supported to install libreboot.

Time4Tea

In that case, you may have to try the Sugar or Netinstall versions mentioned below, or look at replacing the DVD drive and then boot from that:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Core+2+Duo+Optical+Drive+Replacement/518

(I don't know if this is the exact macbook you have - you might have to search ifixit)

luiscastro

Hi Time4Tea.

I tried Netinstall version. But It also didn't boot. I want a Trisquel version require memory few as possible. Because I want to run virtual machine on Trisquel. I don't want.But sometimes I must use windows. So I want a version require memory few.

I thought to replace DVD drive before.But I seldom use DVD and it's slow. So I decided not to replace. But if I don't have other way to install,I will replace.

Lain
Beigetreten: 12/11/2017

I've got a Macbook 5,1, late 2008 model, maybe the same? I wiped the hdd and attempted to install many different GNU/Linux distributions. A few distributions I tried wouldn't boot from usb including but not limited to gentoo,redhat,void, and funtoo. I have not tried Trisquel, but I would assume it works considering Ubuntu and Linux Mint were successfully installed on this machine.

I will attempt to install Trisquel mini, and see if I have issues booting the installation media. What OS/program are you using to make the bootable usb, or did you purchase the usb?

luiscastro

Thank you for replying Lain.

I made install usb from kali linux. I didn't buy usb.
I used application called DISK.And I restored the iso to my usb.

Your macbook body is made of aluminium? If aluminium,it's different as mine. Mine is made of polycarbonate.

wdhgtx
Beigetreten: 12/02/2017

Hello luiscastro!

On my computers, the full size image doesn't boot from USB, I then burned it into a DVD.
But, the Sugar and Netinst versions booted successfully from USB.

Time4Tea

He mentioned in the first post that his DVD drive doesn't work. In which case, he may have to try the Sugar or Netinst versions.

Another option could be to replace the DVD drive? I'm sure a replacement could be found.

luiscastro

Hi wdhgtx,thank you for replying.

I want to install from USB. Because my dvd drive is broken.

Time4Tea

Does anyone know what is special about an 'amd64+mac' ISO anyway, compared to a regular 'amd64' ISO?