Intel UHD Graphics 610

6 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
dsam
Beigetreten: 11/23/2013

Hi,

I'd like to build a cheap media PC to run mpv, mpd and things like that. So, I wonder if Intel UHD Graphics 610 works with 3D/video acceleration in Trisquel GNU/Linux? Particularly, the Celeron G5905 is of interest to me. H-node contains info about only UHD 620 (works with 3D) and UHD 630 (works, but no 3D). I wouldn't want to buy this CPU to only find out that it requires some blob to be fully usable for me :-/

I can't find much info about UHD 610 and GNU/Linux, so any hints are welcome, thanks in advance!

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/24/2010

Searching the forum, I found my own post (!): https://trisquel.info/forum/newest-desktop-gpu-works-trisquel#comment-148832

I was using the HD Graphics 630 GPU and "I was having troubles (screen glitches on some applications) with Trisquel 7" but "not with Trisquel 8". I was having 3D acceleration too, on that previous laptop. For video decoding on GNU/Linux, Intel GPUs are better than the competition, as far as I understand. If I were you, I would go ahead: it should perfectly work.

dsam

Magic Banana, thanks for the reply! I didn't find your message because I've been searching by "uhd" keyword %-) So, at least 620 and 630 seem to work fine.

dsam

Well, I've tried Celeron + UHD 610.

Trisquel 10.0.1 installer didn't start with my PC freezing with black screen right after the boot.

Just for the record:

PureOS 10 installer didn't start either, I've got "error: no suitable video mode found" during the boot. With
"insmod all_video" added to the grub starting config, it booted a little further but froze with a black screen, after briefly flashing some error messages.

Guix OS, on the other hand, have installed and started with 3D acceleration:

$ glxinfo
<...>
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device: Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics 610 (CML GT1) (0x9ba8)
Version: 21.3.8
Accelerated: yes
<...>

$ uname -a
Linux ithaqua 6.1.15-gnu #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC 1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ guix show xorg-server
name: xorg-server
version: 21.1.4
<...>

$ guix show mesa
name: mesa
version: 21.3.8
<...>

I'll try Trisquel 11 when it will be released, I think the newer Linux would help.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/24/2010

Strange. Have you tried to add the option acpi=off and/or noapic to the kernel? To do so, I believe you need to press F6 (or is it F4?) on the first screen that appears when you boot the ISO (the one with "Try Trisquel without installing").

dsam

>Have you tried to add the option acpi=off and/or noapic to the kernel?

Yep, I did, it didn't help also.

myself600
Beigetreten: 03/01/2023

I had the same issue when I bought my first laptop and had to wait till newer Trisquel came out with supported Linux version. You can try installing a newer kernel via chroot or maybe try to boot Aramo Beta from an external media.