libreboot flashing t400, raspberry pi to soic wiring?

9 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
tonlee
Beigetreten: 09/08/2014

One task about getting libreboot on the mainboard is wiring the raspberry pi pins to a soic 8 or
soic 16 clip.
On libreboot's irc I asked which pins on the raspberry pi to connect to which soic pins.
Only answer I got, said find out yourself, because people can mix up the pin numbers.
I think it is more likely I will get the wiring right, if I am told the pin numbers.
Please tell if you know the pin numbers.
The raspberry pi pins have these numbers.
https://pinout.xyz/#
Name soic clip pins as upper row pin number 2 from left.
Or lower row pin number 3 from left.
I do not know if the flash chip in the computer has 8 or 16 pins. That is why I ask you
to tell the wiring for a soic 8 clip and soic 16 clip.
For power supply I will use 3.3v from an atx power supply. You can start an atx power supply
if you wire the green wire to a black wire. To which pins on a
soic 8 and soic 16 do I connect power? Better would be, if I could get a picture
of the wiring. Thanks.

Megver83
Beigetreten: 12/21/2015

I have a ThinkPad T400 and also wanted to flash it -in my case- with a Banana Pi M1 (which has the same pins as RPi 2 if I remember)

However, I haven't have time for it. I also asked in the IRC and someone gave me some useful links (I'll post them later, I'm not in the PC with the links), it didn't look difficult, to what I recall.

BTW, with the Bloberry Pi you do not need extra power supply, that is used for the BBB.

akito
Beigetreten: 05/10/2017

I don't know which SOIC clip the computer may have always assume it can be 8pin or 16pins
raspberry pi has 2 pin scheme the broadcom and the physical pin, based on my understanding you need to find the MISO,MOSI,CE0 and 3v3 pin and connect it to the Chip there a only two MISO,MOSI. try to reread the documentaation.. the libreboot documentation used the old model B which has 26 pins which is still compatible with the 40 pin Pi B+,2B,3B,A+. Based on the documentation they used the physical pin of the raspberrypi. i have RPi2 if I get a T400 or X200 I will try to flash it with it. but my problem is the SOIC clip since I can't afford a Pomona cli I,m thinking of creating my own.

p1trson
Beigetreten: 10/07/2017

hey guys,

I have flashed my T400 with Odroid C1 (raspi clone), check my blog at: https://p1trson.blogspot.fr/2016/ ..part I and II document the whole procedure :). Good luck !

Megver83

Good tutorial, the sources from Part II are the same ones I was about to publish here :-P

tonlee

Thank you. dmidecode | grep ROM\ Size says
it is a 8mb 16 pin soic.
I will get jump wires.

What is ec? Which is newest ec version?
I cannot get to know what version is on the computer from the gnulinux system?

Megver83

EC means embedded controller. There is a program to update it, but it's on Windows, however in Libreboot's website there is a link to a guide which explains how to update it in GNU/Linux. Note that updating it is not mandatory

tonlee

The t400 came with windows 10 installed. I do not know from which windows version it was updated. I deleted windows 10.
I have a windows 7 iso. I have no windows 7 license. Windows 7 will work for some time, if you do not activate it. Can I install the ec update program? Do you have a link to the ec update program?
I read the linux instructions on updating the ec. To complicated.

p1trson
Beigetreten: 10/07/2017

check here: https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/downloads/ds014989

try to search a little bit more next time ;). I've used windows program to update it since I've bought the T400 with preinstalled windows 7, so I wanted to update it prior to reinstalling the OS to Trisquel.

tonlee

Thank you. I am not sure, I would have found the download link myself. I installed the bios update utility. An update was installed.