Live in Budapest 1986 -- Queen

6 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
loldier
Beigetreten: 02/17/2016

https://vimeo.com/475268629

I remember seeing the concert in a movie theater in Prague, 1988.

Later, it was broadcast on Finnish National Broadcaster Yle (2012).

I prefer the TV aspect ratio closer to 4:3 than 16:9. I hate it when they try to "improve" on old recordings.

AnhangGröße
queen_budapest_1986.png391.09 KB
loldier
loldier

The big file is over 9 gigs. Pretty good frames, from a concert film made in 1986. I wonder if it's tape or conventional film.

queen_budapest_1986_04.jpg queen_budapest_1986_03.jpg queen_budapest_1986.jpg queen_budapest_1986_02.jpg
loldier

Freddie Mercury at his peak, only some five years before he was gone.

queen_budapest_1986_06.jpg queen_budapest_1986_05.jpg
loldier

Mercury may be gone only to be forever young and beautiful, but can you imagine these ladies in the photo are now approaching 60 years old?

queen_budapest_1986_07.jpg
andyprough
Beigetreten: 02/12/2015

That was a high quality concert movie. I never followed Queen closely and learned some new songs from this video, like Is This The World We Created?, which was very sweet.

Interesting that Freddie didn't live long enough to see Bohemian Rhapsody become broadly popular again with the release of Wayne's World in 1992. I thought they played the song with a lot of passion, very good rendition.

I had gotten a bit sick of Queen in the early 80s, when the popular music radio stations would play We Will Rock You and We are the Champions back-to-back twice an hour for months. You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing those two songs at least once. Popular radio ruined a lot of good songs by overplaying them to death, especially in the 80s and 90s. Eventually in the mid-90s I completely gave up on music radio and have never gone back to listen to it. It's a bit sad, because popular music radio in the 70s was much more interesting, exploring a lot of new territory. I think by the 80s every station realized there was a specific playbook they had to follow if they wanted the ratings and the advertising dollars, and they would just beat certain tunes into your head relentlessly until you had to turn the radio off in exasperation.

It's rather nice all these years later to just be able to enjoy Queen's music in a movie like this, without all the negative feelings from 80s radio.

SkedarKing
Beigetreten: 11/01/2021

Speaking of Budapest, there was this R rated movie, I saw, its the only one I ever liked, called Grand Budapest Hotel.

It is very absurd and funny. :)