[Testing] Abrowser 130.0.1

2 Antworten [Letzter Beitrag]
Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/15/2009

Hello,

I've sent an invitation to the devel mailing list about testing the upcoming abrowser 130.0.1 release.
https://listas.trisquel.info/pipermail/trisquel-devel/2024-September/001286.html

Here a small summary,

Features

• migrate to new search-config-v2 engine.
  • disabled request to save passwords in browser
  • disable Mozilla's Relay service
  • disable Machine Learning
  • tuned some branding details
  • disable suggestion to save password in browser
  • removed deprecated options

Known issues

• missing icons on Trisquel search engines
  • limited support on trisquel.info website search

If you feel adventurous feel free to check the whole message and report on it.

Note: If you might be afraid to break something in your system, please wait until the final release is published.

Regards.

iShareFreedom
Beigetreten: 12/20/2021

Why disable suggestion to save password in browser? Why is removed that sugestion if is stored locally?

Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Beigetreten: 07/15/2009

Hello isf, if you want to discuss long and deep the mentioned points please join the development mailing list.

Here the summary of it,

There are far more secure tools to manage your password locally and they are available in the Trisquel repos, I would discourage use the browser to save passwords, anyone with access to your browser could stole them.

But the real reason behind this is that by having it enabled by default, it enabled by extensión the use of Firefox Relay, so since the first option is debatable insecure and the second is a no go, makes sense to stop promoting to the users this behavior and companion service all at once.

But fear not, you can enable it back, as it only disable the promotion, the feature stays untouched, no data stored there is removed.

Read you on the devel mailing list.
o/