Website falis in parsing wiki code

Category:bug report

Wiki code don't work in

Wed, 11/30/2016 - 21:46
Assigned to:anonymous» david

We've had to disable the wiki syntax parser because of an issue with the underlying code that was causing other problems with the site.

We're looking into a solution to both problems, we'll track progress here.

Wed, 11/30/2016 - 23:45

Thank you for answering quickly!

Thu, 12/15/2016 - 16:09

Hello David,

Do you speak french ?
It's possible to help you ?

Thu, 12/15/2016 - 19:32

Hello, and thanks for the offer :)

Sadly I can't speak or read French (although I'd love to)

I've been working with a new set of filters to attain a solution, part of the syntax is now being parsed. I'll keep trying to completely fix the issue.

Thu, 12/15/2016 - 19:40

I've had to disable the current fix as it breaks page rendering in several places, I'll check what's the reason for that.

Fri, 01/13/2017 - 15:37

Can you explain it in a more elaborate way?

Mon, 01/16/2017 - 20:38
Priority:critical» normal

Of course, sorry for the low verbosity :)

As we had to disable the solution we were using to parse wiki content, I searched for a different one. Right now it is a Drupal module which allows to define custom filters to then use them in any input format (in our case, allowing us to drop it in as a substitute of the previous module once we had a proper wikimedia filter for it to use).

The module actually includes a sample filter designed for wikimedia format, but it only parses a subset of the possible tags. I searched for another but the ones I found didn't work or didn't work well; one of them seemed to add some of the needed tags but caused the mentioned error rendering many pages (and a resulting empty page).

Today I was able to import an almost complete implementation making a couple of changes to it and to the actual module, so it's now working much better. One thing I've found doesn't work right now is the "image" tag (like in this page: ), which we don't use that much but would be better to have available.

I'll keep working on it a bit more, but lowering the priority since most of the documentation is now properly shown.

I'll also have to look at some pages that were adapted to HTML to make them work properly because even though that provided a nice temporary solution for those, I think some relationships between parent and child pages or translations and sources were broken.

Mon, 01/23/2017 - 22:56

Thanks for the info!!

Tue, 02/14/2017 - 16:43

I've changed the approach to this issue since I couldn't find a way of re-enabling the "image" tag and I had crudely underestimated its importance in our documentation pages (I'm truly sorry about that).

I've set up our original solution for the wiki format again and I'm looking now into fixing the issue that made us disable it in the first place (mostly that an intermittent segfault caused by one of the underlying libraries killed the cron process disabling other important site functionality).

I'll further report about the issue as soon as I have some more information to share.

Sorry again for the inconvenience and the frustration caused to our hard-working wiki contributors.

Fri, 03/03/2017 - 22:54

David thanks ever so much for all your hard work..and for resolving the "image"tag, even if temporary ;-)