GNU IceCat talk at LibrePlanet 2015

13 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
quidam

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Iscritto: 12/22/2004

I have uploaded a temporary recording of my talk to http://quidam.cc/27-03-2015/gnu-icecat-talk-libreplanet-2015 while we wait for the official one to be uploaded to media.libreplanet.org. The ending is missing.

pizzaiolo
Iscritto: 03/12/2015

Awesome! Thanks.

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Iscritto: 10/31/2014

:)

quantumgravity
Iscritto: 04/22/2013

Great talk so far!
I'm very curious for the rest.

a_slacker_here
Iscritto: 06/29/2013

Thank you for sharing this, I'm very interested in your work with Icecat.

Infieles
Iscritto: 12/19/2014

Hi Ruben,

Can you please include a link to the files you used for the presdentation?

Ishamael
Iscritto: 08/29/2014

Thank you Ruben! Thank you for allowing your conscience to influence your development, for instance retaining the ability to disable javascript from the settings menu, instead of requiring users to use about:config every time they want to disable it. Thank you so much for continuing development of Icecat.

quidam

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Iscritto: 12/22/2004

Attached the presentation file.

AllegatoDimensione
icecat.odp 228.31 KB
Infieles
Iscritto: 12/19/2014

Thank you, I appreciate it.

On Sunday, 29 March, 2015 10:53 AM, name at domain wrote:
> Attached the presentation file.
>

tomlukeywood
Iscritto: 12/05/2014

i could not go as i was flashing libreboot :(

lembas
Iscritto: 05/13/2010

The web browser probably is today by far the most important application so it's great you're improving it. Nice talk and your English has improved since last year!

SuperTramp83

I am a translator!

Iscritto: 10/31/2014

I've noticed that too (but it was the lp2013 so not last years but 2 years ago) - the accent is way better and he seemed much more at ease..relaxed..
I've enjoyed very much that speech!

p.s - I have a question (I guess it would require the opening of another thread but am too lazy..) - How does Icecat take care of the web bugs (clear gifs or 1 bit pics I think they're called)?? I know if you disable javascript then web bugs don't work. My question is - If one doesn't disable javascript does Icecat take care of that anyway, and if so- how? Is it through a about:config setting/settings)? Very interested in this..
cheers!

tomlukeywood
Iscritto: 12/05/2014

"does Icecat take care of that anyway, and if so- how? Is it through a about:config setting/settings)? "

i may be misinterpreting you but when i disable js in ice cat my about:config has js disabled

HuangLao
Iscritto: 01/19/2014

Thank you Ruben for the excellent presentation and for posting this. Keep up the great work with GNU IceCat!

Is there any traction with having other Distro's including it?