Librebooted T400 Sometimes Stays On

2 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
PublicLewdness
Iscritto: 03/15/2020

I have a Librebooted Lenovo T400 that I got from Thonkpeasant that has a weird issue the last few months. Sometimes when I shut it down it looks like it's turned off but it isn't fully. The screen will be black and the lights will be off but I can still hear the CPU fan spinning. If I hold the power button it will fully turn it off. This only happens maybe once every three or four times I turn it off. I have tried shutting down the system by the shut down option on the menu as well as from the terminal and have seen this issue from both ways. Any ideas ? I don't know if this has to do with Libreboot or not so I mentioned it just in case. It runs the blobless Libreboot.

https://store.thonkpeasant.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&language=en-gb&product_id=51

Avron

I am a translator!

Iscritto: 08/18/2020

Which version of Libreboot do you have?

On my T400 that I got from minifree with osboot (with the non-free microcode update), it happens that when I want to shut down via menus, I have the mountain background and the Trisquel for a very long time and I finally shut it down by keeping the power button pressed until it switches of.

I did not notice the behaviour that you reported though.

Since we have similar machines, I can report some other strange behaviours I have:
- grub from the flash always fails to find any disk at reboot. This never occurs at first boot, or after switch off and start again.
- it can take a randomly long time for the cryptsetup screen of trisquel to come, whether I use grub or seabios, while when using seabios and selecting the other disk, the grub menu of parabola will always come up quickly
- in some cases, I don't even have the cryptsetup screen, just the trisquel breathing forever

PublicLewdness
Iscritto: 03/15/2020

"Which version of Libreboot do you have?"

I am running "Bleeding Libreboot Version 1.9".

As for the issues you have:

"grub from the flash always fails to find any disk at reboot. This never occurs at first boot, or after switch off and start again."

This happens on my T400 as well. I have taken to shutting down rather than restarting the machine.

"it can take a randomly long time for the cryptsetup screen of trisquel to come, whether I use grub or seabios, while when using seabios and selecting the other disk, the grub menu of parabola will always come up quickly"

I have only tried Trisquel on my T400 so while I don't find it overly long I have nothing to compare it to.

"in some cases, I don't even have the cryptsetup screen, just the trisquel breathing forever"

I don't think I have noticed this or at least it hasn't happened often.

IMG_20230718_002019.jpg