LibrePlanet 2014 feedback survey

5 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
lembas
Iscritto: 05/13/2010

If you attended LibrePlanet 2014, please fill out our feedback survey so we can make the conference even better next year!

https://libreplanet.org/2014/feedback

mYself
Iscritto: 01/18/2012

I wasn't personally there, so I cannot fill out the form, but I think that when I'm asking for higher quality video recordings (even if this means no livestream), I'm not alone here.

Chris

I am a member!

Iscritto: 04/23/2011

I'm not sure if you can fill it out, but if it lets you, I'd do it anyway. Put that in the comments so they know it's something to prioritize. It's all about prioritization. If people don't speak up they'll fall into the trap that nobody cares and it'll take even longer to get right.

Mampir
Iscritto: 12/16/2009

With those type of surveys I feel like my feedback goes in a black hole. I'm pasting my feedback here and I hope someone will find it useful:

I wasn't at the conference and I would really-really like to see the talks on my computer. Unfortunately I don't see where, when or if there'll be such an option. I wish there's a clear and obvious information about that on the website, preferably on the front page.

The live streams I don't find very useful since I have to be online at a specific time. I would much more prefer that the footage is recorded rather than streamed, since I'll be able to watch the videos at any time I want.

Judging from previous years, it seems it takes way too long to edit the video footage. I suggest that in future the recorded raw video files are publicly uploaded somewhere as soon as possible. People will be able to watch the talks even if the footage is raw. It's much better than no footage.

Enthusiastic people will be able to get the raws, edit them and share the edits with other people. This way everyone won't have to rely and wait for one person who is tasked to do this and it takes him long time to do.

In addition to other methods, the raw footage should be shared via BitTorrent magnet link. This way people won't have to rely on one computer for the raw footage access, at least after the initial few people are able to download the raws.

Thank you!

jxself
Iscritto: 09/13/2010

"With those type of surveys I feel like my feedback goes in a black hole."

It will go to the FSF Campaigns team. It's best that your feedback goes there. You will probably not recieve a reply, but all feedback is read.

Mampir
Iscritto: 12/16/2009

I did give my feedback in the LibrePlanet's form. I just posted it here too.