Technical Problem: YT-DLP not working. Version Stable@2024.04.09, HTTP Error 400

5 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
DouglasQRohal
Offline
Iscritto: 09/19/2026

Hello and apologies that my first post is asking for trouble shooting assistance.

I am attempting to use yt-dlp to download a video (who could have guessed) and I am running into an error that seams like networking problems, though I am able to use all other internet applications. I am also unable to update it, though I think that just might be an intended limitation. I have searched and found no information on the subject on making it work. I am able to use it on other distributions. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated. The file bellow is the log of the command.

Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

-Douglas Q Rohal

AllegatoDimensione
Yt-dlp command information.txt4.32 KB
Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Offline
Iscritto: 07/15/2009

Please, enable backports.
Version 2024 is obsolete.

DouglasQRohal
Offline
Iscritto: 09/19/2026

Do you have a resource on how to do that perchance?

DouglasQRohal
Offline
Iscritto: 09/19/2026

Never Mind, found the information, if anyone in the future has a similar outdated problem the solution is the following.

Find the file "trisquel.sources" found currently at /ect/apt/sources.list. Using sudo, open it with nano and find the # optional backports repository, then change enabled from no to yes.

Thank you Ark74 for giving me a place to start looking.

Ark74

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Offline
Iscritto: 07/15/2009

Glad it worked!

latenightwake
Offline
Iscritto: 09/13/2026

On Trisquel 12, the correct path to "trisquel.sources" is /etc/apt/sources.list.d. Opening /etc/apt/sources.list launches "Software and updates". It looks like you can also activate backports from there by selecting "All updates" under the "Updates" tab.

The release announcement for Trisquel 12 says: "Our backports repository continues to provide popular applications in their latest versions, including LibreOffice, yt-dlp, Inkscape, Nextcloud Desktop, Kdenlive, Tuba, 0 A.D., fastfetch, and more." So there are a few other interesting items to pick, thanks for the tip.