Thinkpad X200 - 1080p videos

4 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Tieria
Iscritto: 08/07/2018

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.

I am currently using Trisquel xfce in a VM and well, I just fell in love with it. I am planning to buy a Thinkpad X200 or T400 from minifree (I want to have Libreboot), but my question is, do any of you guys know if those laptops are capable of playing 1080p 10bits video?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

loldier
Iscritto: 02/17/2016
Tieria

Thanks, I checked the article and it seems like it won't have a problem playing those videos.

GNUser
Iscritto: 07/17/2013

The T400 from minifree can play 1080p h264 with DTS sound, I have tried it. It can also play 720p x265 (haven't tried 1080 yet). From what I remember of a comment of Leah (the person behind minifree and libreboot) Libreboot actually allocates more memory to the graphics card than the standard BIOS (256mb vs 32mbs). I noticed that games run very well (0AD, SuperTuxKart, Xonotic). I think you will be fine with this machine. If I can make a suggestion, if you can afford it get the SSD version, it will make a world of difference. I wish I can afford one soon.

Oh, btw, dunno if you're aware but the T400 only has VGA out, not HDMI. You mentioned you wanted to "project", this may be relevant.

Tieria

>>Libreboot actually allocates more memory to the graphics card than the standard BIOS (256mb vs 32mbs).

That is quite interesting, I didn't know that, but it makes me happy hahah.

I have been thinking about the SSD, but I am planning to buy it in December or January, so I will probably get it with SSD, too bad that I don't get paid in euros hahah. And yeah, I am aware about the VGA, but that shouldn't be a problem for me.

Thanks for your reply :)