cannot install trisquel 11.0.1 bad archive mirror

4 replies [Last post]
tonlee

libreboot lenovo t400 trisquel 11.0.1 iso. No error messages when burning the iso onto a dvd.
If in menu option install trisquel gets selected then the computer aborts the installation.
If in menu option install trisquel in text mode gets selected then installation will move forward. Until an archive mirror has to be selected. Then installation stops with a bad archive mirror error message. I tried entering different mirrors. Also archive.trisquel.org. Installation cannot move on. The computer has no internet access during installation. Does trisquel 11.0.1 iso require internet access in order to get installed? Why does trisquel 11.0.1 not install? Thank you.

Geshmy

Are you using a Trisquel live version? If you let it boot into the live version you should be able use network manager to get onto the internet. I am not sure if you need to be hooked up to install.

tonlee

> Are you using a Trisquel live version?
2.9 GB Live USB/DVD ISO image

> you should be able use network manager to get onto the internet.
I want to install trisquel off line.

iShareFreedom

You can install Trisquel offline just with a image of trisquel with Mate for example

tonlee

I tested installing trisquel 11.0.1 iso 2.9 GB Live USB/DVD on a non libreboot notebook. trisquel got installed. No internet connection required.