Trisquel Community Guidelines
Trisquel is free. We mean "free" in the freedom sense. Our users may, with any part of Trisquel, or even all of it:
- study / audit / modify
- copy / distribute,
- distribute modified versions
With software, these freedoms are pre-requisites for liberty, privacy, and market-freedom.
Our community supports the Free Software Movement.
- Our community's resources --the forum, documentation, etc-- are for free software only. Please do not distribute, recommend, or support non-free software here.
- Avoid certain misnomers and propaganda terms.
- Please report flaming, flame-baiting, and trolling.
Commitment to our community
- All of our contributions respect software freedom.
- Non-free software may slip into our system, despite our efforts. We will be vigilant, and will remove non-free software when we find it.
- Free manuals are an essential part of free software packages. We will only include documentation released under an appropriate free license. The manuals we distribute will not recommend or suggest non-free software.
Respect among community members
- Discrimination -- Do not discriminate against people based on age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ideology, ideas, social class, nationality, race, intelligence, or any analogous grounds.
- Profanity -- Do not curse or use hard language here. Social norms differ from place to place; hard language can deter people from our community.
- Incivility -- Do not insult others here. Disagree and challenge ideas instead.
Code of conduct
- The forum / mailing lists exist to foster the development and use of Trisquel. Non-constructive or off-topic messages, along with other abuses, are not welcome.
- Do not send spam.
- Send all of your post / e-mails in English. Only use other languages on forum / mailing lists where that is explicitly allowed.
- Avoid sending large attachments.
- Try not to flame; it is not polite.
- Use common sense all the time.