"Error 500" when trying to access website

11 replies [Last post]
wpurcell

Hello.
In the past, I've been able to log into my account on this website -www.manulife.ca/gro-. Now I cannot (Error 500). It works on ubuntu at the moment.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your time.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

Try to deactivate the extensions you installed, restart your browser and see if you can log in your online account. If so, then, try to isolate the problematic extension (by reactivating half of them and so on).

lembas

And if that doesn't work, delete you cookie(s) for that site and try again (allowing a new cookies).

(Sometimes the NoScript addon also can give you issues... Hate to say so but I've seen it, more than once. Despite that it's an excellent addon I run every day.)

wpurcell

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Unfortunately neither of them worked.

wpurcell

I'm running Trisquel 6.01. I will try a 7.0 live dvd and see if that makes a difference.

wpurcell

Nope, no difference.

wpurcell

Trisquel 6.01 live dvd: successful login. Hmmmm.......

wpurcell

Until the first Abrowser upgrade. Login unsuccessful.

lembas

500 is a vague server error message, maybe the problem is on the other side? Or can you consistently fail on one setup while making it on another at the same time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_errors#5xx_Server_Error

wpurcell

Fails consistently on upgraded 6.01. Consistently successful on 6.01 without upgrades.
Upgraded packages (Abrowser version 28.0 to 41.0): libnspr4, libnss3, libnss3-3d.
When I try to force earlier versions of these packages, Abrowser is completely removed and has to be reinstalled.

wpurcell

When I force Abrowser version 19.0 over 41.0 (Packages installed during upgrade: abrowser-globalmenu, xul-ext-ubufox) login successful.

wpurcell

And in the bigger scheme of things, it matters not too much at all really. When I feel the "need" to access the website I can use a Trisquel 6.01 live dvd that is "not updated". Happy hacking!