The ethernet network connection between Trisquel 8 and a thinkpenguin router (TPE-R1200) is always disconnected

5 replies [Last post]
Masaru Suzuqi -under review-

The Ethernet network connection between Trisquel 8 and a Thinkpenguin router (TPE-R1200) is always disconnected.
The system monitor shows that there is traffic between the PC and the router but it does not establish the connection.
I have recently reseted the router physically a few times and after resetting, anyway the connection between Trisquel and the router was established. Since today, after resetting too, it does not establish the connection. So I thought that it might be not a problem of the router.
Wifi (other dongle) works. The icon of Indicator Applet Complete keeps rounding eternally.
I always think that it looks like a model of a bad type of reincarnation.
Would you mind suggesting a solution? Thank you in advance.

additional info:
It established the connection just twice. The physical reset of the router must have succeeded but it required password that is not default. And I seem to have forgotten the correct password.
And after it succeeded in establishing connection, I turned off the router and turned on it immediately, then the icon started to round eternally, again, both times.
The second time when it succeeded it, the only difference from the first time was that I flicked the switch down that is next to the reset button on the router. I have been explained about the switch but I am still not sure about its functions.

The present situation:

It worsened.

andyprough

You might want to find out if there is a way to reset the router to its default settings. Then you could set a new password and probably fix the situation. Does it have a reset button on it? Tell me the router company name and model number and I'll see if I can find instructions on resetting it.

I probably have succeeded in resetting the router and setting a new password maybe more than ten times. So I think I learned how to reset the router phisically and set the password. The router company is ThinkPenguin. We exchanged some emails and every time he suggests to buy a new ethernet cable so I have three of them now. Those all ethernet cables seem not to have problems (including the short one that the company (ThinkPenguin) sent with the router). So I asked him like "Should I purchase one more ethernet cable?" after I bought the three ethernet cables, and he suggested that trying to connect the router via another computer. I have an old Macbook (4.1, not librebooted, of course nor corebooted), Ubuntu is installed on it. But I minded to connect the RYF router to the laptop because I do not know what kind of bad things happen. But he said that he dosen't think I have anything to worry about. He would do it, so I would try to narrow down where a problem lies (Trisquel, ThinkPenguin, the cables, or else) but the laptop takes 15 mins to boot. When I have time, I will report it. Thanks. As the present situation.

andyprough

OK, please post the results from trying your other laptop with the router when you have time.