Libreshop x200 sale - update June 2019

4 replies [Last post]
Libreshop

Hello everyone

I have some updates about Libreshop:

1. Prices

I have found another shipping partner, so I can reduce the price even further :)
There is a difference based on zones.(zone info, see bellow)
The prices are always calculated like this: (product + shipping) + 21% VAT = Total
Zone 0: 7,72€* ((300 + 7,72) + 21% = 372,34€)
Zone 1: 16,40€ ((300 + 16,40) + 21% = 382,84€)
Zone 2: 32,80€ ((300 + 32,80) + 21% = 402,69€)
Zone 3: 32,80€ ((300 + 32,80) + 21% = 402,69€)
Zone 4: 65,60€ ((300 + 65,60) + 21% = 442,38€)
Zone 5: ?? (I need to search for another shipping company for this zone)

* you can reduce this price to 5,70€ if you want it delivered to a pickup point.

1.1 0% VAT
Companies in European Union can ask for "Intercommunautaire shipment", with their VAT number, I will check the validity, if it is valid, then you will pay only the product + shipping.

You can also find this in your invoice, which will be send by email and a copy will be included with the shipment.

1.2 How to order

1. You send me an e-mail with your information(email, destination, company or not, applying for 0% VAT, ...)
2. I'll check the info, and ask you for missing data.
3. You send the missing data
4. I go through checklist (shipment ready, or do I need to assemble one, flashing, installing Trisquel, ...), then I send you the payment info.
5. You send the money
6. Once the payment is received, I pass the shipment to the shipping company and send you the tracking info.

If you want a refund.
1. Once you received the laptop, you have 14 days to ask for a refund, without providing any reason.
2. You send an e-mail by asking a refund. And send the laptop.
3. I receive the laptop, and I will check the parts, once it's okay, I will send your money back to the Bankaccount I received the payment from.

2. Specs

The specs are the same as last time.
- librebooted bios (I've updated the background, which includes my companies logo, but when the website is done, I will add a tutorial, on how to change it)
- 8GB ram
- 256GB ssd
- atheros wifi
- qwerty keyboard
- charger + cable(currently eu and uk version available)
- some with bluetooth, some with fingerprint
- stickers removed(Intel inside, Windows Vista, Windows license key at bottom, ...)
- cleaned
- Trisquel 8.0 LTS Flidas (default install, without encryption, and without password)
- New Battery + Old (used) battery

3. Warranty

So all new parts have a warranty for 2 year, the laptop self is a used laptop.

First orders will receive A grade laptop, then B, then C, ..., so the warranty on the laptop is based on the grade(example, if the laptop has a broken part, you will be informed about it, before you pay, so you know what you are buying)
The used battery is not under warranty, but the new battery is.

4. Website

Bad news about the website, I didn't make time for this one... So currently I'm only selling by email.
And this post is about the product...

I already bought the domain name and email is setup.
You can send mail to: info @ libreshop.eu

5. RYF certification

FSF responded to me, but I will apply for the certificate when my website is done. So this depends mostly on point 4...

6. Vulnerabilities

I didn't had time to look up or investigate myself.
But thanks to some on this forum, to point it out.

Those are the known vulnerabilities:
- Spectre and Meltdown (https://trisquel.info/en/search/node/spectre%20and%20meltdown)
- Other unknown (old)Intel chipset vulnerabilities

You can reply to this post, by adding more known vulnerabilities, I didn't mention or don't know yet.

7. Questions

Is it ethical what you are doing?
Being a company and trying to make profit out of it, isn't being the bad guy. I respect the views of others and try to fill an opening, but I play with open cards. You can basically do it all yourself, and spend less money then what I'm asking, but if someone doesn't want to do it self, I try to help them with providing my service at a cost.

What makes you different then other webshops?
I try to sell those laptops with highest specs possible for as less as possible. You won't find a laptop with 2gb ram or lesser then 256gb ssd drive on my shop and you won't find a shop selling the same laptop with same specs for as low as my shop ;)

Next to selling x200, what do you want to do with Libreshop?
Make time for my website, to build it like an up-to-date tutorial website.
Make time for search more libre hardware and software services.

Is Libreshop a real company?
My Company is Aytacworld, based in Belgium, registered under VAT number BE0676.352.096
Website of Aytacworld or Libreshop is not build yet, but will be available in the future.
Libreshop is the brandname for webshop to sell only libre hardware and service.

If you have question about anything related to Libreshop, you can send me an email, I'll answer it as quickly as possible, or you can also ask it here if it is in the interest of the public.

Zones

Zone 0: Belgium

Zone 1: Neighboring countries: Germany, France (excluding DOM-COM-TAAF), Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Netherlands.

Zone 2: Rest of the European Union: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain , Czech Republic, Sweden.

Zone 3: Rest of Europe, Mediterranean + USA: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canary Islands, Ceuta, Egypt, Isle of Man, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Israel, Jersey, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Morocco, Melilla, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Ukraine, Russia, Serbia, San Marino, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Vatican City, Belarus, Switzerland and USA.

Zone 4: Rest of the world: all other countries.

Zone 5: Which is not supported by the shipping partner.

Other info

Btw, you can read the original post here, where we had discussions about price, ethical or not, vulnerabilities like Meltdown and Spectre, ...
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/libreshop-x200-sale

GNUser

In my T400 I never felt the need to add more RAM (I have 4GB). So yeah, having the option of buying with only 4 is good, but people should really think about it before buying. The 25/50 euros discount won't be enough for you to get 8GB later on if you decide you need more.

The SSD is of course the best thing to have in a laptop, and you would spend an additional 60 euros buying it separately. If you buy one of these machines and someone says "why did you bought a old computer, mine is 8 cores, 16gigas, and has a 1terabyte HDD, comes with windows 10, its better" you just compare boot times with him, and he will shut up. Libreboot + GNU/Linux + SSD = Instant boot ;) Unless you have encryption, that adds a little time to it.

All in all, a little expensive but it's worth if the machine comes in perfect condition. It's also good to have more companies other than Minifree, just in case they run out of stock and you are in a hurry. Keep it up LibreShop!

samael

Hi
I'd just like to update the thread with my experience so far. Libreshop has been very prompt in replying to my inquiries regarding the x200. Even included pictures and gave multiple options for payment, hardware, software etc.
Really great service and I am very keen in proceeding with the purchase. This will be my first libre laptop.

Masaru Suzuqi -under review-

Hi, it would be good that there is such a person who buys x200 now despite after understanding the vulnerability or something which I don't know well. It would be able to show a rebellion against the enemies then give a little damage.
And it also would be able to show something good things such as I liked him or something. (^v^) Not bad.

edit and excuse/ ○ I like him. Because in Japanese language, when we want to do such a type of expression, bla bla... so x=y. "I got liked him" might be good?

Libreshop

Hello

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you are very pleased with the service I provide.
If you think I can improve my service more, I'm very interested to hear your suggestions.