Ohio Linux Fest 2013

3 replies [Last post]
musial

I am a member!

Last year it was posted a little late ( http://trisquel.info/en/forum/last-minute-notice-ohio-linux-fest ), so I thought I'd jump on it earlier this year... Ohio Linux Fest will be September 13-15 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus Ohio. The FSF will once again have a booth there! I'm planning on dd'ing some trisquel ISO's to USB sticks and pre-burning some Trisquel CDs again. I still have some Powered by Trisquel stickers that we'll hand out (that were provided by ThinkPenguin).

Chris from ThinkPenguin, will you be there again, I hope so.

Also, if anyone here is FROM Ohio, that is going to be our first Ohio LibrePlanet event. ( http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ohio ).

So come on down! Support the FSF, Trisquel, and LibrePlanet!

a_slacker_here

Oh my goodness, I wish I could be there :-( Sadly I start the university and I could not pay the travel either.

For some reason, I would like to meet Chris in person :-).

And meet other members of the Free software community because I don't know anyone who I could talk about these themes.

Perhaps another year I could go there and say you hello in person.

Chris

I am a member!

I'm probably going to be there and ThinkPenguin will probably have a table too this year. I'm still working out logistics though. I just need to make sure we have coverage at the office those 3-4 days (including the days we're traveling to and fro). Ohio is a long drive from New Jersey. 8 hours of straight driving.

At the moment the plan is to go. I'll probably be there with our lead developer. He is working on the new ThinkPenguin site at the moment (we have had numerous setbacks over the last 3 years- but it'll be amazing when it is done).

To say the least he is an amazing developer and libre software-minded person at that. He is largely responsible for getting LibreWRT off the ground. He was also a volunteer for a long time at the FSF. Not to mention he did an internship later on too. But... now he's with us! For the most part anyway (he still has a few other small side gigs going on).

Chris

I am a member!

Just wanted to update this. ThinkPenguin will be at Ohio GNU/Linux Fest 2013. We will have a table at the event. The FSF will have a representative at the event too.