URGENT!!!

21 replies [Last post]
mYself
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2012

Please, watch this short video, what I did (explanation can be found in the description under the video):
https://u.nu/grvb (or https://invidio.us/HUFeX7k9Zow)

Beformed
Offline
Joined: 01/13/2017

Completely irrelevant to the forum

nadebula.1984
Offline
Joined: 05/01/2018

Should this post be moved to the Troll Lounge?

Ignacio Agulló
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2019

On 02/08/19 02:40 wrote:
> Should this post be moved to the Troll Lounge?

No way. It is spam.

--
Ignacio Agulló · name at domain

CalmStorm

I am a member!

Offline
Joined: 12/31/2014

It isn't spam, its trolling at worst, at best he serious.

Either way, its not exactly supposed to be in this part of the forum. ;)

GNUser
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2013

While I don't see anything wrong with you sharing what you perceive as being a prophetic message (especially one that being true would indeed affect everyone in this forum) I don't agree with posting this in the main Trisquel Forum and not even tagging it as "Off-Topic". I would have used the Troll Lounge or at least tagged it.

I disagree with calling it spam since I don't think OP was merely trying to promote himself for some sort of gain, if he had done the same thing with a video reporting a Linux vulnerability we would not call it spam.

Beformed
Offline
Joined: 01/13/2017

I disagree with you, if we were to share a video with a vulnerability in the kernel at least it'd be related to the OS.

To me, if he means it (he's trying to communicate something he believes is real), it's spam; if he's just trolling, it goes to the troll lounge.

GNUser
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2013

I understand your point, the way I see it we have different views on "spam". I see spam as (usually) automatic and bulk send out of messages with commercial intents, that flood public forums as well as private email accounts without regarding for the disruption they cause. You have a different view, hence our disagreement.

I actually have less tolerance for trolling (causing trouble just because) than for people who share something they believe will be of actual use for others. So, yeah, I would have less tolerance for a troll post than to this one. I just think he should have either tagged it as off-topic or posted in the Troll Lounge (seeing as it is an Off-Topic place by itself).

But all is good with me, he didn't mistreat anyone, so... No damage was done.

Beformed
Offline
Joined: 01/13/2017

I agree that trolling is undesirable in a serious forum, and I agree he's not mistreating people. We may not agree with the meaning of "spam" and that's Ok (although, I'm willing to change my view if proven wrong). I'll just down vote according to the code of conduct since he brings a totally unrelated topic.

GNUser
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2013

I don't think it is possible to "prove" what spam is. Since spam is not something that exists in nature, is not a rule of nature, it's merely a concept (even a relatively new one, since I think it is only common for the past 20 years or so). So my concept of the word might be slightly different from yours, but that slight difference can lead to some serious differences in terms of the final conclusion of an argument. I don't see any way to "prove" what spam is, one could only try to find the most common meaning of the word, yet just because a lot of people say something means X that doesn't necessarily prove it. Please correct me if I am mistaken ;)

Yes, I agree with the downvotes. For the stated reasons. If it was a tagged Off-Topic, I could maybe upvote it to level it back, but as it is, I agree with the downvotes. Although I can certainly ask for OP to give more details about the importance of his message, since that was his original goal. Otherwise he wouldn't have made the post in the forum in the first place. So... go ahead man, preach!

Beformed
Offline
Joined: 01/13/2017

One way that would convince me is convention (just like most words we use). I we all agree on what a word means then we can say we are talking about the same thing. So if by convention the word spam is mostly used in a different way I'm using it I can take back my opinion.

I don't get the preach! part, could you clarify?

GNUser
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2013

The "preach!" part was for the OP, since in a way he is preaching a message, I was telling to preach it :P

mYself
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2012

It is obviously off-topic, but I didn't marked it like that for an obvious reason.

mYself
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2012

The front page is only showing posts from the main section of the forum and I wanted to caught the attention of as many people as possible.

Sorry for making it so plain, but I was posting this in a hurry and didn't knew how to share this in a proper manner.

GNUser
Offline
Joined: 07/17/2013

I understand but again, if it is Off-Topic, it should be tagged as Off-Topic. Simple as that.

Anyway, the way I see it the timeline is wrong because in many parts of the world is already August 3rd, and nothing happened. Maybe Jesus was right and no one can know the day, and therefore shouldn't put out statements like that? Oh well, anyway...

andyprough
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2015

> Maybe Jesus was right and no one can know the day, and therefore shouldn't put out statements like that?

Exactly.

Narcis Garcia
Offline
Joined: 04/15/2019

This mailing list...

Noise hides important matters.

Lack of original messages quoted makes difficult to follow
conversations, and them become irrelevant.

El 3/8/19 a les 3:01, name at domain ha escrit:
> I understand but again, if it is Off-Topic, it should be tagged as
> Off-Topic. Simple as that.
>
> Anyway, the way I see it the timeline is wrong because in many parts of
> the world is already August 3rd, and nothing happened. Maybe Jesus was
> right and no one can know the day, and therefore shouldn't put out
> statements like that? Oh well, anyway...

andyprough
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2015

Nice video, very strong imagery. I'm not convinced that there will be a rapture, I think the Biblical evidence is poor. But let us know if anything happens/doesn't happen if you can. Today is the last day in your timeline.

mYself
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2012

> Nice video, very strong imagery.
I tried to be accurate. However, I did not asked for any of this. (Actually, I specifically asked Jesus not to show me anything like this, because I didn't wanted to deal with the responsibility of sharing these messages to people, i.e. creating videos on YouTube)

> I'm not convinced that there will be a rapture, I think the Biblical evidence is poor.
Actually, I was about the same (unsure about the rapture) so I spoke about it to Jesus and while I was still praying, I've seen Him, through my window, standing on the clouds, and then some minutes later, an angel blowing the trumpet on the same exact spot.

The Bible clearly speaks about the rapture in multiple verses.

> But let us know if anything happens/doesn't happen if you can.
I can only do that while I'm here, so.

> Today is the last day in your timeline.
The timeline isn't mine and it was supposed to happen (until) yesterday:
My friend wont turn 23 and her birthday is August 2nd.

The guy removed his video and also the same description from his previous video.

The reason why I posted this here is that I was contacting all the people I know and I have spent a lot of time here in the past.

CalmStorm

I am a member!

Offline
Joined: 12/31/2014

I see, well I disagree, Enoch, Elijah both were supposedly raptured in the bible.

Just saying...

CalmStorm

I am a member!

Offline
Joined: 12/31/2014

Don't get me wrong, I do believe there will be a rapture, but your timing was so random, that I laughed.

I mean was it really that urgent you needed to put it in the wrong part of the forum? Or in all caps,

Still, quality trolling if I ever saw it. Oh Jodiendo, you are getting soft in that area. I miss you being absolutely absurd.

Meh...

but yeah send this to the troll lounge, no offense, but I don't think it belongs here.

Beformed
Offline
Joined: 01/13/2017

Since moved to the troll lounge, I remove my down vote.