Trisquel : Wndows Server 2012 R2. Mouse pointer becomes white square.

10 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Colin Stebbing
Iscritto: 06/24/2019

I am a new member of this community. I have searched for an answer to my question without success and apologize if it has already been answered unknown to me.

I have to log into Windows Server 2012 R2 for work purposes. When I do so using Trisquel, as soon as I reach the Server desktop the mouse pointer becomes a white square. This does not happen with Xubuntu ( which I use with the libre kernel) or indeed Windows 10 ( which I don't like to use at all)

I would really like to migrate totally to Trisquel. Is anyone able to offer any help?

Thank you!

Narcis Garcia
Iscritto: 04/15/2019

How do you reach the Server desktop?
VNC connection? RDP? Which program and syntax?

El 25/6/19 a les 23:23, name at domain ha escrit:
> I am a new member of this community. I have searched for an answer to my
> question without success and apologize if it has already been answered
> unknown to me.
>
> I have to log into Windows Server 2012 R2 for work purposes. When I do
> so using Trisquel, as soon as I reach the Server desktop the mouse
> pointer becomes a white square. This does not happen with Xubuntu (
> which I use with the libre kernel) or indeed Windows 10 ( which I don't
> like to use at all)
>
> I would really like to migrate totally to Trisquel. Is anyone able to
> offer any help?
>
> Thank you!

Colin Stebbing

I gain access through an icon link on my employers website. That takes me to a Citrix receiver login page. I’m afraid that’s all the information I can give.

jxself
Iscritto: 09/13/2010

Please read and follow the Community Guidelines: https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/trisquel-community-guidelines

Our community's resources -- the forum, documentation, etc -- are for free software only. We do not support non-free software (Citrix, Windows) here.

Colin Stebbing

Yes. Understood. However I have no choice but to use Citrix for work. My question is whether I can continue to use Trisquel as my base guest operating system when visiting my work server.

It appears not, since, unlike Debian and Ubuntu, Trisquel has this problem with the mouse.

My purpose was to try to see if there is a solution so that I could continue to use Trisquel. It appears not and that I shall have to use a different distro.
It was worth a try.

loldier
Iscritto: 02/17/2016

Search for Citrix Workspace app for Linux Web client. They have a deb package. You should figure it out yourself. We are not supposed to go into detail here.

It seems Citrix has issues with mouse integration. My search yielded various issues having black cursor rectangles. Some solutions involved adjustments in the remote desktop (Win registry), some suggested applying 'DisableXRender=1' in the local client configuration (ini file under $HOME).

Other than that, it's impossible to say without installing and using the proprietary client.

Maybe you could use another way to connect (other than a web client). There's VNC/RDP software in Trisquel that can connect to remote desktops (Vinagre).

Colin Stebbing

I have avoided adding Citrix precisely because it is proprietary. I shall try Vinagre. Thanks for the help.

davidpgil
Iscritto: 08/26/2015

I have installed a guest operating system (i'll let you guess which) using virt-manager and use that operating system to connect to work related proprietary junk :) Even if the VM guest is slow, it doesn't seem to matter when using a remote machine.

Its truly unfortunate that we have to choose to "feed the beast" in order to make money. Why don't we all work together and start a business that only uses free and open source software, hardware and techniques?

I'll start a new thread on this topic.

loldier
Iscritto: 02/17/2016

You could try and use another browser to click on that icon and see what happens.

Colin Stebbing

Using a different browser did not help. Altering the configuration file didn’t help. Using AQEMU With another distro did work, but isn’t that really cheating?!

nadebula.1984
Iscritto: 05/01/2018

Cheating isn't necessarily bad. At least you have found a workaround.

Windows is the last operating system for servers, so stay away from it whenever possible. I just made a demonstration about how "awkward" Windows can be. We use GNU/Linux on servers and remotely login via SSH. Even if certain students of mine still have difficulties with GNU/Linux, I suggest that Cygwin be used.