ATI Radon HD 4330M /RV710) Issues

2 respostas [Última entrada]
bozkurtovski

Hi everyone!

Thanks for accepted me on this forum. I honored.

Firstly, i love open and free softwares, and this philosophy. That's why I use free and open programs as much as possible.

I tried all of distros on my laptop, but i cant use it. Because i have a black screen problem, i think xorg is not starting(but cursor is here on the screen, and flash disk plug voice is no problem, sound is heard when I plug in flash disk)

I tried Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Trisquel but i cant use it. When i tried open with xfce choice distros, its open, ok.

When I want to open it with xfce, it opens smoothly, there is no problem with that. but why might others not work? Today I tried openbox with lxqt, and I was able to get an image on the screen. also, when I tried it with Trisquel, it was automatically booted into safe mode. In other distributions, I was doing this when I added "radeon.modeset = 0" to the kernel parameters. But the problem here is that the screen opens 1366 * 768 (4: 3). as it looks, the image looks blurry. I'll leave the xorg error output here, if there is any other error log you want I can give that too.

Thanks!

Xorg Log: https://paste.rs/o3x

nadebula.1984

ATI/AMD graphics cards are hostile to free/libre software. They require non-free firmware to work.

Replace it (on desktop computers) or disable it (on laptop computers) if possible.

bozkurtovski

I use on my laptop, but when i dont use it, my screen resolution is 4:3 format, and its blurred, and then xrandr failed gamma output...