Problem with compositing on 3.2.0-43 kernel

6 respostas [Última entrada]
WootMoon

I recently upgraded the kernel to 3.2.0-43 (from *-38), but immediatly after some desktop features stopped working, errors usually claim a problem with compositing. Couldn't find anything about it elsewhere, any ideas why?

I run Trisquel 6.0 64bits on VBox with default gnome fallback and 3D Acceleration enabled.

WootMoon

Updated again to *-44 and the problem persists. Any suggestions?

WootMoon

I've decided to rollback the kernel to *-38, should I file this problem as a bug?

WootMoon

Just for the record, I tried installing the 3.5.0-32 kernel, now making sure I also downloaded the headers-3.5.0-32 and headers-3.5.0-32-generic, and all is well.

Hmm.

Edit: It seems the Guest Additions features (which handles some of the video gimmicks) do need the kernel headers to work properly. If I install the packages linux-headers-(version number) and linux-headers-(version number)-generic, it all works, but they don't update along the linux-image kernel package, not sure why.

Magic Banana

I am a member!

I am a translator!

You want to install the package that is simply named "linux-headers-generic". This package will always depend on the latest generic kernel headers available.

WootMoon

I found the lts-belenos equivalent to that one and it worked. Thank you! :)

oralfloss

I've had some problems updating the kernel too, even on a clean install. It seems to be a bug so I have already reported it.