T450 Dual-Boot

5 respostas [Última entrada]
Mrjayribs

I have a T450 ThinkPad and I can't seem to get my trisquel boot loader to work on. So, FSF sent me their own bootloader it still didn't work on my t450, but it worked on my Dell and my brothers IdeaPad. I tried Parabola, because I really want to run GNU/Linux on this machine. The bootloader WORKED, however it was beyond my knowledge and I have experience with Trisquel when it is install.

pragmatist

I am a member!

Can you post some of the Grub config files like:

/boot/grub/grub.cfg

/etc/default/grub

scripts in /etc/grub.d

Which OS are you dual-booting with?

Are both OS on the same drive?

Can you access your other OS via a liveDVD or liveUSB? If so, can you see each OS?

Mrjayribs

I'm sorry my bootloader looks nothing like that. I used Universal USB Installer to create it.
I'm dual booting Windows 10 and Trisquel 7.0. Very sorry I'm new to Linux. Little scared to post due to lack of experience.

pragmatist

I am a member!

Please don't be scared. You came to the right place and are very welcome here. We were all new to GNU/Linux once. In fact, while there are certainly some very knowledgeable (and generous) people here, I think it is fair to say that nobody here knows everything there is to know about GNU/Linux. We are all still learning.

Welcome!

Mrjayribs

Thanks for the open arms!

Yes, I've already deleted my files once CalmStorm. No big deal, backup the needed files, now there's not tiptoeing. When creating my bootloader it was with syslinux. I know this because there is a syslinux.cfg. Like a said I used Universal USB Installer.

On my Dell (which is running Trisquel 7.0) I ran the command:

sudo dd bs=4M if=/.../trisquel_7.0i686.iso of=/dev/sdb && sync

Where the "..." leads to my download folder. I went into my BIOS and had the USB as the first in the boot sequence but it failed. As a sidenote, the only thing I was able to create a successful bootloader on my t450 running Windows 10 was GNU/Linux Parabola, which I am thoroughly confused for complete dual-boot install.

Mrjayribs

Hey so I got it to boat. The BIOS settings that was off: Secure boot off and Legacy Only